The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no traffic on the road race site and I thought you would like to see my best lap in the Exige. The car is about ~310 HP and ~170 ft. lbs. of torque on stock internals and a stock transaxle. Toyo R888R tires inflated above 32 pounds are helpful. It has AP radial mounted dual piston brakes on the rear. I do get some anti-lock engagement in these 30 minute sessions. 100 octane 0% ethanol fuel appears to be worth ~1.5 seconds a lap over 93 octane E10 at 90 degrees ambient. The car has a larger intercooler with side ducts. This was the same event where I lost 3rd gear. My son lost his clutch on the Mustang this weekend too. First time in nearly 20 years where a car failed to finish the day and we had two! I was getting lazy until the BMW passed me and I tried to catch him for over 20 minutes.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That car sounds amazing. I learned from this video not to downshift into 3rd before the carousel! This must have been right before the surface failure at Heartland Park. Your were a full 10 MPH better than me up to Alpha. My guess is you would be faster with the current amazing surface even with the added kink in the back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts