The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am planning to make a color change on my S. I currently have the titanium silver but looking to go with a white. What color is more wanted? Any suggestions in color?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Are you painting or wrapping? I personally prefer white. I have an aspen white Exige that will need a respray in the next year or two. I have so many stone chips

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
Hey guys I am planning to make a color change on my S. I currently have the titanium silver but looking to go with a white. What color is more wanted? Any suggestions in color?
Perhaps you meant Storm Titanium?

I've thought about the Volcano Orange, as my GT-R is white, but I'm also considering the McLaren 650S (in the same color) so I don't really want them the same color. I'm not even a loud color car person, but I do like the Volcano Orange (although it's pricey). Decisions, decisions.

San

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes storm titanium. Sorry about that San it was an alcohol glitch lol.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige S240
53 Posts
Despite my Exige S being the very loud Isotope Green (which I love... it's for safety... ;)), the color that seems to be very desirable is Persian Blue (and would have gone over better with my wife). Good luck with your repaint - hope you'll share the experience with us.

Cheers,
Bryan

·
7,600 Posts
Yes storm titanium. Sorry about that San it was an alcohol glitch lol.
Just clarifying the color. I have a Storm Titanium Exige S and I've had an alcohol glitch or two myself.

San

·
7,600 Posts
Despite my Exige S being the very loud Isotope Green (which I love... it's for safety... ;)), the color that seems to be very desirable is Persian Blue (and would have gone over better with my wife). Good luck with your repaint - hope you'll share the experience with us.

Cheers,
Bryan
It's loud alright. Hope you're doing well.

San

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige S240
53 Posts
It's loud alright. Hope you're doing well.

San
Staying healthy and safe, but unfortunately stuck overseas for the next few months. “Nigel” is resting on jack stands waiting for me to get home...

Hope you’re good as well!

Cheers,
Bryan

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Are you repainting for you, or for the future sale of the car?
If it's for you, go with white. It is a desirable color (more so than silver, I'd think) and it looks great.
If you are repainting strictly for future sale, go with isotope/krypton green or one of the various shades of orange. The loud colors always win.
I'm boring all my cars are black....except the wife's trackhawk, that's white and it's a great color too.

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,572 Posts
I have heard many o reports from the brink trying to replicate that Volcano Orange.

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
@Tonyesc To be honest with you, leave the original color. It will retain the value of the car for the future.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I purchased the 07 lotus exige wrecked (with body damage) back it January I’m currently working on it and hopefully get it back on the street soon. My plans for it are to get head turners out on the street as well enjoy it for few months or couple year and eventually sell it.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since it was wrecked it hold a salvage title now so it already devalued. And also who knows how much I would get for it once it’s done.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Cheers,
Bryan
2 things:
  1. Your Exige looks beautiful!
  2. To the OP's question, I feel like with any sports / exotic car, loud, unique colours always get snapped up like that, and it's the silver / white / black car ads will sit for months. But maybe I just get that impression because there's more total cars in the latter colour?

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
+1 for hot / florescent pink

Reactions: lt1_fd3s
1 - 20 of 20 Posts