The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I attended the Canadian Grand Prix at thge begining of June, and one of the Support Races this year was the Historic Grand Prix. This event was not only very memorable, it really got me thinking of Lotus. There were 2 Lotuses entered on the Grid, but I have reason to beleive that one of them was absent. There also was the presence of an extra Lotus car that I need identification on. They said that there was a Lous 79 driven by Andretti, although I am certain it did not drive that day. They also said that the Lotus 76/2 (Jacke Ickx) entered, which I beleive is one of the cars pictured. Sorry for the bad photo quality, they were taken from my seats without zoom.

EDIT: Uhh, After reviewing the pictures, turns out that a Lotus 79 WAS driving. Silly me. That leaves 1 or maybe 2 unidentified Lotus cars. Any nostalgic F1 followers here?

Here is the first one, what I beleive is a Lotus 76.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another racer. The only thing that makes me think this is a Lotus is the colours although I cannot find a shot of a Lotus F1 car with those colours and that wing. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
The car in the JPS black & gold livery has a double rear wing and the shape of the air box is that of the Lotus 76 (1974).

It's difficult to see enough details on the green/yellow car in 1st photo to identify it (might be a Brabham). The 2 bottom photos appear to be a different car and it appears to be a Lotus 69 F2 car (but I'm not sure, not enough details in the pixs to be certain).

Kiyoshi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts