The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What to do, what to do...

Do I dump my Lotus F1 Team shirts and stuff now because I'm too ashamed to be seen in them?

Or do I stash them away and hope the value skyrockets like the Minardi stuff did when the team folds?

What to do, what to do......

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Keep them, either way they may become a collector's item.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
marketing swag thats unrelated to the racing team - thats wearing a name that is unrelated to the marketing company? ...i just find that hard to believe will become a collectors item!

i have a real camel yellow team jacket from the era.... and while i am blessed to be its steward, i don't think its overly valuable.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
marketing swag thats unrelated to the racing team - thats wearing a name that is unrelated to the marketing company? ...i just find that hard to believe will become a collectors item!

i have a real camel yellow team jacket from the era.... and while i am blessed to be its steward, i don't think its overly valuable.
I agree on all your points, plus will add that the amount spent on that stuff may be enough to buy the team at some point. What I don't agree with is the opening statement, this marketing stuff is related and associated with the team

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Don't feel bad, Vettel and Hamilton also failed to complete. As you can see, lots of kinks to be worked out.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
What do you have for sale?

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
I agree on all your points, plus will add that the amount spent on that stuff may be enough to buy the team at some point. What I don't agree with is the opening statement, this marketing stuff is related and associated with the team
as i recall - i may be wrong - the deal was:

renault get to use the lotus name with no connection or involvement from Lotus. and lotus get the merchandising rights - with no relationship or involvement from the team.

two completely unrelated activities (merchandizing by Lotus - and team by Renault/Genii) neither of which has any input or involvement to the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts