The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Eric Petersen from Germany .
I search a Lotus Formula 2 or 3 Car to buy.
I prefer the models : Lotus 59+49+48+41
35+34+33+32+31+30
The Race Car should be for Race so i need
a car who is race ready .
FIA Papers and a history is good.
Hope to can get a car over these way ...
when anyone can help i will be happy ....

So Long

Eric Petersen [email protected]

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Look up Len Selby Motors in the U.K. He sometimes has Lotus in varios F categories, for sale.
Also try Racecars.com Mostly a stateside market but occasionaly out of country cars are available.

Good luck.

Al B.
Lotus type 61

·
Registered
72 Posts
You should join the Historic Lotus Register (Historic Lotus Register - All about Colin Chapman's early Lotus cars). HLR covers many of the F2/F3/FF/FB chassis of interest. Through the membership you might find something long before it gets into the hands of a dealer. A few of the types you listed are not in the F2/F3/FF/FB range. The Type 30 is a Group 7 sports racer with Ford 289 engine, the 33 and 49 are F1 and the 34 is the first Lotus Indy chassis. You missed the 44 which was an F2 design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
The 32(B) was a Tasman Car of which 1 exists which now belongs to CTL and the 35 I know of only one which belongs to the Dimmers.

Stay away from the 30 sports car. Nightmare to run.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
How much do type 61, 69, or 59 go for? Just curious
If you go to the archive section of race-cars.com you can browse through the list of sold cars to get a general feeling. Myself, I badly want a 51 but cannot justify it yet.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
How much do type 61, 69, or 59 go for? Just curious
Our team purchased two 61's in the past two years. By the time they were restored to running condition the cost was around 20K. A 61 will range from just under 10k up to 25k depending on it's percieved condition and location.

I've seen three 69's for sale or sold in the past couple of years. Two went for around 80k. They were set up in the Formla B configuration. The third was a FF1 set up car and I do not know if it was sold or how much it wass going for as the owner had it listed at "best offer". 69's were not made in large numbers and are hard to come by. Alo they were offered "to order", so what configuration the car was sold in will vary and needs to be looked at carefully before purchasing.

No idea on the 59.

One thing is certian. No matter how "race ready" the seller tells you the car is you can be pretty certian of having to do some bit of work. The amount is in direct proportion to how good a condition the car is in as per the owner.

Good luck and good hunting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just looked up the 30, WOW, looks quite nice. Must be amazing to drive. I want one.

Kevin
It was unfortunately a terrible car.
With at least one exception, developed and raced in England as the "Pink Stamps Special" This car has an original GT40 engine. I purchased it with Dick Keyes and we restored it to it's competitive condition. I sold my half to Dick and he still has it today. See Lotus30.com - PinksStampsRacing.com Default Page for full history and restoration details on this car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts