The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wonder if the Lotus Factory SC is ASP legal? What's the down side of it? (HP potential?)

·
Registered
204 Posts
If it's the mp45 from the supercharged elise (which it appears to be) in every way, then it'll be legal.

Downside is it'll make less power than a tuned mp62. It may be a touch lighter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sean. Is the MP62 the one in the Exige?

Isn't it a pita to make a conversion (like Randy/Jason's car) to make the car ASP legal with little bit and pieces? The kit might be the way to go forward (beside buying the Exige S/240)?

I am not ready to go into ASP just yet tho. The stock one is plenty fast enough for me. :p

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks Sean. Is the MP62 the one in the Exige?

Isn't it a pita to make a conversion (like Randy/Jason's car) to make the car ASP legal with little bit and pieces? The kit might be the way to go forward (beside buying the Exige S/240)?
The Elise, the Exige, and the Exige S (05+) are all on the same line in ASP so you can swap parts without having to do the entire conversion in ASP, FWIW.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The past 2 years I have run in SS class with my '05 Elise.

Only mods were a Stage II exhaust, front splitter and LSS dampers.

Now I'm installing a BWR supercharger.

Where is this mod going to put me?

Thanks

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
494 Posts
Blackwatch should be able to supply you the parts to make a MP62 kit that is ASP legal.

It probably would be cheaper than the factory kit.

Exige S, Exige S 240, Exige Cup all use the MP62 and the only real difference in power output is the tune. The Elise SC uses the smaller MP45.

So if you are spending all that money to go supercharged, it doesn't make much sense to go with the smaller MP45, imho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.