The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have been a lurker here have for months.
You have provided great insight into my research.

I am targeting my purchase for this spring. It will be an Esprit, Stevens post "93. Still not sure of a 4 or an 8. It will be my Toy for Weekend an occasional trips to the office.
A have never seen one on the road here on L.I. but have wanted one since I was a boy.
One question that I have always been meaning to ask to you big fellas'.
I first was looking at the Elise but from, anecdotal posts I have read here, my reasonably big frame wouldn't stand a chance in there.

So here you go, I am a 6'-2" 230lb guy. How would I fit?
I owned a 3.2 TT quatro for 8 years an that car was far bigger inside then would think.

Thanks all and I look forward to sharing stories in the future.

Seeya

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
I've heard of 6'4" people fitting in the elise just fine, in fact I have a friend with that height who was very happy to be my passenger. Plus the Elise is more reliable, but I don't want to steer you away from your dream car :)

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
:wave: The saying around here is HK fever!! and "if it doesn't fit you must aquit" lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've heard of 6'4" people fitting in the elise just fine, in fact I have a friend with that height who was very happy to be my passenger. Plus the Elise is more reliable, but I don't want to steer you away from your dream car :)
I'm 6'4", 220-230#s. I fit in mine (Elise) just fine. Any wider and I wouldn't be able to squeeze down into the seat. I wear 36x34 or 36x36 pants. Don't think 38xanything would work. At least in stock seats. Shoe size is also an issue. I have to wear Converse or dedicated driving shoes if I don't want to get more than one pedal at a time.

Also not trying to steer away from an Esprit, if that's what you really want. Just some comparison info. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts