The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this guy on eBay tonight while doing my weekly 'part' search. Looks like they took apart a wrecked Elise and are selling anything that might have value. Most of the parts are WAY overpriced ($435 for one, yes - ONE used rear shock), but he might have some obscure part you need and it's all listed 'or best offer'.

lotus from european-parts-depot-online | eBay

No affiliation with the seller.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Most of those prices are pretty funny but the seat is reasonable considering that shipping is included and the taillight is a steal with how hard to get they seem to be. Plus they do seem to take offers, although they look to have a set a minimum offer on quite a few of the items.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Thanks for the heads up but This guy wants to get the $32K the car is worth in parts, ridiculous!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
yeah saw that yesterday ( have only 5 parts listed ) when searching for something else. Some of the stuff is really beet up.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
...the taillight is a steal with how hard to get they seem to be.
Taillight is gone now but out of curiosity how much was it listed for? Need one more to complete my upgrade set. Should have clicked the link yesterday, some of those are good for a laugh!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
it would be too embarrasing to be on this site at those prices...

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
And they are willing to budge about 7% in best offer. Let's see how long they sit on these parts.

I sell enough on eBay to at least be willing to deduct 20% when accepting best offers.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I tried to contact him about parts not-listed, got ignored. If you ask me, he is just some pencil pushy geek that got screwed on a insurance claim. I'm sure he has it all figure out to a specific price within %7. button line is I would drop some lut on his parts, but its his loss.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Yeah. There was a few small pieces that I was willing to pay for too but not at those prices. I tried to bundle about $180ish of his parts and he came back with like $165. I'll post a WTB post and call GatorMS. His loss

·
Registered
990 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Taillight is gone now but out of curiosity how much was it listed for? Need one more to complete my upgrade set. Should have clicked the link yesterday, some of those are good for a laugh!
$95.

It's like they inverted the over/under on retail - every crappy part that goes for under retail or nearly free here on the forum (U-bend, etc.) got marked up 300% and the few parts that are in demand (seat, taillight) got marked down. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I just tried to buy the Hard Top. They reduced the price to $1140 from $1200 with free shipping. Would be ok if it wasn't off a rolled Elise:

"TARGA TOP YELLOW SCRATCHES ITEM WAS PULLED FROM A CAR THAT ROLLED OVER, STRESS CRACKS IN THE PAINT SUGGEST THAT TOP WAS BENT DURING ACCIDENT, HOWEVER BEING MADE FROM FIBERGLASS IT SNAPPED BACK TO ORIGINAL SHAPE, NO STRUCTURAL CRACKS OR DAMAGE, SOLD AS IS, FACTORY, OEM"

·
Registered
935 Posts
Come to my for sale thread

I am selling some of the same part at 1/2 the price.

I am going to buy the dash pad from him. I have to have a 'stock' dash for my race series.... Need the binnacle cover and speaker grilles. Is there such a thing? Although, probably can cover speakers with some mesh or CF pieces...

Anton

1 - 17 of 17 Posts