The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I guess there's no building code for speed bumps in Tampa... those things are rectangular! :huh:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Imagine if you lived in that apt. complex and then they built them...suddenly you would have to move because there is no way you'd want to attempt to scale those curbs labeled as "speed bumps"!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Sounds like the people who are complaining are the people the owners are trying to stop from "flying" through the parking lot.

People bring stuff on themselves so often its hilarious.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
how do elises and exiges handle speed bumps? is it a rectal tightening experience? -eek-

·
Registered
712 Posts
WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Sounds like the people who are complaining are the people the owners are trying to stop from "flying" through the parking lot.

People bring stuff on themselves so often its hilarious.
You're kidding right? I wouldn't even attempt those in a normal car. I'd head straight to the office and cancel my lease on the spot. As others have said those aren't speed bumps, it's a curb.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
You're kidding right? I wouldn't even attempt those in a normal car. I'd head straight to the office and cancel my lease on the spot. As others have said those aren't speed bumps, it's a curb.
Its the actions of a neighboring complex's tenants that are causing the problem. What do you suggest as a solution to the people that don't live there speeding through the parking lot? I'm sure it sounds amazing that someone would install "curb" speed bumps when you first hear of it, but I'm sure there's a lot more to the story. Notice there were already speed bumps there and the problem was just as bad.

I agree these are ridiculous, but I would be hard pressed to come up with a different solution to stop the problem. I'm sure the landlords were fed up with all the complaints, and its probably a case of "be careful what you wish for".

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a handful of VERY vocal residents complaining about 1-2 problem drivers.

Lord knows that if any speed bumps were installed in my neighborhood I'd be the first to bitch about them. And I drive through the neighborhood at 20mph in a 25.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I like the 10 mph speed limit sign next to them while cars moving at what looks like 2 mph max are bouncing the bottom of their cars on them. That is not right. There is no way at any speed either of my cars could make it over them without being damaged.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If they really want people to pretty much stop, they could just install a key gate (not sure of the real name but they have the wooden board that goes up when you either pass a card infront of a sensor or type in a code on a keypad). This kind of method is just down right destructive and stupid. As much as I hate to say this, i want somebody to sue them for all the damages done to cars passing through there.

·
Registered
999 Posts
A long time ago (perhaps 20 or more years), I remember hearing about some guy who bought one of these at an auction. I think that all you would need is to go over the speed bumps a few times in a Sherman Tank, and solve the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Its the actions of a neighboring complex's tenants that are causing the problem. What do you suggest as a solution to the people that don't live there speeding through the parking lot?
Eliminate the connection between the problem lot and the neighboring complex. Then the people who live in the other complex won't drive through this lot any more.

xtn

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Eliminate the connection between the problem lot and the neighboring complex. Then the people who live in the other complex won't drive through this lot any more.

xtn
:up:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts