The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Lotus Garage been slow on orders? I put in an order in on April 17th and inquired the same day about shipping and when I should expect the order. I got email replies the same day indicating that some of the things I wanted were not in stock. The next day I received a second email telling me one of the parts I ordered (which I needed asap) was on the way from the supplier. I was happy to hear that and thought I would have received the 4 airbag cover clips by Friday.

Today is May 1st, and my two subsequent follow up emails have not been replied to, nothing has arrived at my door. This really irritates me when you can't even get a reply or a tracking number. It's the 21st century... someone needs to get with the program over at britishracinggroup. :mad:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I ordered some key blanks from them last week, they arrived on Monday, so someone is definitely manning the ship. Give them a call at (855) 274-5000. Sherman is the guy I've dealt with in the past and he's been quick to respond.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I am in the same boat. I ordered a handful of hardware and clips about 2 weeks ago. I've gotten an order confirmation and as far as I know, there wasn't anything on backorder. If my stuff doesn't arrive by friday, I'll be kinda annoyed... but it's not the end of the world. I guess there are bigger things that I should be worried about opposed to a few nuts and bolts for my exotic car arriving a week or 2 late. :D ...first world problems. rotfl

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the email JWA, I'm going to drop Lotus Garage and just order from Fox Valley.

I sent Sherm another email yesterday just asking for an update since he told me the 4 clips I ordered shipped out over a week ago, so I figured they should have arrived. I said if everything is on back order and nothing has shipped that I want to cancel my order. No reply, I cc'd [email protected] on the email.

It's not urgent I get my parts, but I'm annoyed because they have been unresponsive. I can take my money elsewhere very easily. I should not have to pester anyone about wanting to spend money with them. It's bull****.

·
Registered
977 Posts
He's been inconsistent, sometimes I get good communication and sometimes I don't.
+1. I left 2 voice messages and sent an email over a month ago and have gotten no response at all. Need other stuff now and thinking about alternatives. Fox Valley have the same or similar prices?

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
FWIW, I've received consistently excellent service and better prices from Justin at Fox Valley ([email protected]). Sherm tends to be inconsistent, as noted. It's actually kind of weird how in the Lotus market no one thinks to try their local dealer for parts.

·
Registered
977 Posts
FWIW, I've received consistently excellent service and better prices from Justin at Fox Valley ([email protected]). Sherm tends to be inconsistent, as noted. It's actually kind of weird how in the Lotus market no one thinks to try their local dealer for parts.
LotusGarage was cheaper than my dealer last time I checked, which was why I've used them in the past.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Guys - no brainer. Just order them from Justin. He'll mail it and you'll get it the next day. So close. Great guy.

Chris - no excuse. Drive your lazy arse to Westmont. :)

Justin keeps most of this stuff in stock.

John - I may actually have an extra set of 4 clips. I'll check and if I do, I'll bring them to the drive and you can have them.

Let me guess - stereo guys pulled the airbag cover and didn't have clips to reinstall right? :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep that is exactly what happened. I knew it was going to happen so I ordered clips from Sherm 3 days before and asked if he could get just them to me asap. I'd gladly take 4 clips off your hands. :cool:

Guys - no brainer. Just order them from Justin. He'll mail it and you'll get it the next day. So close. Great guy.

Chris - no excuse. Drive your lazy arse to Westmont. :)

Justin keeps most of this stuff in stock.

John - I may actually have an extra set of 4 clips. I'll check and if I do, I'll bring them to the drive and you can have them.

Let me guess - stereo guys pulled the airbag cover and didn't have clips to reinstall right? :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Hey John - I checked. Sorry, don't have them.

Not sure what route you are taking, but you might be able to swing by FVMC tomorrow morning to grab them. Parts is closed on Saturdays, but Justin may be able to put them aside for you.

Or better yet, ping Todd (Moto44)

You'll meet him tomorrow. He works at FVMC. If he's there today, he can grab them and bring them along to the drive and hand them over to you!

Easy peasy. Just call the dealership and ask for Todd.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Told ya. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

And since you're bailing on Supercar Saturdays, you can check out the cool cars at FVMC.

Tell Justin, Tony and team I said hi.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I just received the following explanation from Robert of lotusgarage after 3 tries:

Adam,

I just saw your email and even though I am working from home, I wanted to reply.

We got in a huge pallet of parts from Lotus yesterday and have another coming Monday. It is likely on one or the other. Sherm is not in today otherwise he would have been able to go thru what we got and let you know. Sherman is simply overloaded as Lotus has begun batch shipping to us via freight and it's slowed down some of our order fulfillment on special order items.

Please give me a telephone number I can reach you on Monday and I will personally address this and communicate a status with you.

Regards,

Robert

1 - 20 of 27 Posts