The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over on PSC, someone says their dealer told them that Lotus is going to 3 shifts. Any truth to this?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I wasn't aware they were running two shifts even. Tony had specifically said they wouldn't go to three shifts at the LA show, could have changed I suppose.
Chris

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I wasn't aware they were running two shifts even. Tony had specifically said they wouldn't go to three shifts at the LA show, could have changed I suppose.
Chris
I'm sure Mr. Hole is planning to go the quantity before quality route at some point in the near future... maybe he went for it right away :rolleyes:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I think it was Nick that told me also that they were not going to run 3 shifts. Something about not being able to sustain that production in the future and they did not want to gear up for short term and then lay off a bunch of people.

Don't trust everything you read, not that this is incorrect. I don't know. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Randy Chase said:
they did not want to gear up for short term and then lay off a bunch of people.
Their recent move with Mr. Hole would seem to suggest that their stance on this issue may have changed considerably since then.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I can understand Lotus wanting to fill the orders and gain the profits, but I'm a bit concerned that if they stay in hyper production too long, Elises will be a dozen a dime and many will remain sitting on dealer's floors.

But, if they follows Porsche's model and see their dealer network as their customers, Lotus probably won't care if dealers are eventually drowning in inventory.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Joecooool said:
My dealer told me that this was the news he heard this week. I didn't even ask, he simply said "Guess what?...."
I just got an e-mail back from my rep there letting me know the models (blue, red, yellow) and keychains and crap were in w/o even a peep about 3 shifts! A priority check would be nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts