The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the area and was wondering if there is a dedicated group of Lotus owners
in Asheville/Western North Carolina

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I‘m in Asheville. There are a few interested folks here. We need to get together.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Or have had? Or want?

lots to discuss. fd3s knows every car guy around here

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to get together with you guys. I am currently Lotusless :( but I am currently working on getting a 2011 Lotus Evora S Heritage Edition. I am having a PPI done this Friday and if everything checks out I will have the car transported here sometime in January. It would make a great birthday present as mine falls on the 23rd. I have owned 4 Lotuses in the past

1988 Red Esprit turbo
1989 Red turbo Esprit SE
1991 Pacific blue m100
2014 Red Evora S 2+0 manual really regret selling it

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Which of the four? We had number three here, bought her new from Greenville.

My bday about a week before yours.

And plural of Lotus is Lotus :)

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked carfax and the car was sold by Maserati Lotus Greenville, title was issued 9/28/2011.
Lol, must be your car

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Alex Sharkey Ross has had her in California. Was still there a few months ago, we still text from time to time. I wonder if the letter I wrote is still in the glovebox.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
i myself hope to get an evora soon... well, hopefully within the next year or so, just have to sell a car or two first... (and various other parts i've collected over the years of being in the rotary life...)

I also know of Craig and Dillon are in the area as well - so maybe after the first of the year, we can plan a get together, mainly a meet and greet since weather most likely won't be the best for a nice drive on the parkway.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is getting more interesting, I believe we spoke on the phone about 4-5 years ago about this car. I was interested in buying it, but eventually it went to Alex Ross. I was living in Colorado at the time, don’t know if you remember. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe your name is Bob. Anyway that is a beautiful picture of the car and If I end up buying her you can have your letter back :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I am in Knoxville, My Exige is currently in Morganton NC. Taking it out of mothballs here at the end of the week. Gonna do a drive through mountains on way home. Knoxville has a banging car scene. Esp the Quarterly Harper's cars n coffee. Actually thousands of cars.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I just talked with Alex and indeed this is “my” car!!!

Looking forward to seeing her next to ”Spark” the Mac. Two best driving cars I have ever had.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
so hearing folks here and at least one other I've reached out to, looks like we might be able to get a group together of at least 6 of us... if not closer to 10! (which for this area with these cars, i think is pretty amazing...

and of course, there is also the British Car Club of Western NC I'm soon to be the VP of that you can check out as well - bccwnc.org - and our monthly meetings are 1st Tuesday of the month currently at Mills River Restaurant

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
We could form a subgroup at Saturday C&C. I wish that were more often than once a month.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hope the PPI goes well and I can purchase ”your car” and bring her back home. I will check out the British Car Club of North Carolina website, thanks fd3s.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts