The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Not sure what else but I know Alec put a Larini exhaust and replaced the brake master cylinder. It used to get a long brake pedal and I’d have to do the troublesome clutch bleed.

I put ROW tail lights and leather door pulls on her. And let the radar detector mirror mount go along too.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not sure what else but I know Alec put a Larini exhaust and replaced the brake master cylinder. It used to get a long brake pedal and I’d have to do the troublesome clutch bleed.

I put ROW tail lights and leather door pulls on her. And let the radar detector mirror mount go along too.
I know the Larini exhaust were popular and they sound great. If the brake master was replaced with a Wilwood unit instead of the crappy plastic ones from Lotus, it should solve any brake issues. It seems this car is well sorted and just waiting for the right owner, me 😉
Honestly my only real concern is with the clutch as its an expensive repair. And the ROW taillights and door pulls are a nice touch

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
60 degrees, clear and calm here today. Just took the Elise out for a brief exercise.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Only thing I really miss since moving to NC; white stuff, cold weather, snowballs and the feeling that it is Christmas time.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
We get that h
Only thing I really miss since moving to NC; white stuff, cold weather, snowballs and the feeling that it is Christmas time.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays!
We get that here pretty often, a few snows most years. But actually it is really terrible in every way and please no one else move here!!!

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
I have a big stockpile of oil for an Elige if anyone wants some.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Mobile 1 Turbo Diesel 5W-40

Years back it was the consensus choice for our Elise and Exige. Seems like I used it in the Evora too but I’d need to check the records. I have seven 4 quart containers. Limit two per customer. Free is it actually goes in a Lotus.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Another Lotus owner in Fort Mill, SC. 1997 Esprit V8. Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, was just up in Asheville two weekends ago staying at the Grove Park Inn, but will be making some day trips up there in 2020. Also, was just at Greenville Cars & Coffee last weekend, which is just a short trip down for you guys. But I would drive up for a get-together, and would also be interested if LC3 gets revived.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
So... it's January... do we want to start out with tacking on a Lotus get together to the South Asheville Cars and Coffee at Beef 'O Brady's in Fletcher? Do a Lotus lunch at Beefs at 11:15ish am afterwards? This would be the 18th (3rd Saturday)...

Or would we rather have an evening get together somewhere?

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Thanks for taking the initiative. I’m down. Would be nice to put a group of our cars together there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My car is going in for timing belt replacement this winter, and I won't drive the car in any iffy winter weather anyway, so I will catchup with you guys in the spring/summer.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Weather deff a big question up here for the next two or three months. We could show off our tow vehicles.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Lotus or no lotus, would be nice to get in the habit of getting together and discussing ideas of things to do when the warmer weather comes around... and gives us more time to plan trips and ensure folks can get off work if need by (like trip to the dragon? trip to other car and coffee events... charlotte, hickory? greenville, knoxville...)

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Update on the Evora Heritage Edition. I decided not to buy your former ride Bob. Although the PPI showed the car to be in great shape except for a number of minor issues ( normal for a 9 year old car ) I've opted to buy a 400 since the price point wouldn't be much higher.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts