The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another Lotus owner in Fort Mill, SC. 1997 Esprit V8. Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, was just up in Asheville two weekends ago staying at the Grove Park Inn, but will be making some day trips up there in 2020. Also, was just at Greenville Cars & Coffee last weekend, which is just a short trip down for you guys. But I would drive up for a get-together, and would also be interested if LC3 gets revived.
I've just purchased a 1997 Esprit V8. Location Charleston, SC. Would like to keep in touch to trade experiences and learnings.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Update on the Evora Heritage Edition. I decided not to buy your former ride Bob. Although the PPI showed the car to be in great shape except for a number of minor issues ( normal for a 9 year old car ) I've opted to buy a 400 since the price point wouldn't be much higher.
Thanks for the update, I spoke with Alex last week and he let me know. A special edition like 3/4 might command a couple Ks more. Looking forward to seeing what you are getting.

Might be fun to swap rides back and forth. I’ve not driven an Evora and a Mac back to back to back but I’m thinking there will be some real similarities especially with the steering feel, handling.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've just purchased a 1997 Esprit V8. Location Charleston, SC. Would like to keep in touch to trade experiences and learnings.
Absolutely. There are a few older Esprit owners in the upstate near CLT but so far I'm the only V8 up here that I know of. There is at least one other V8 Esprit (97 or 98) in Charleston, I'll see if I can dig up the name for you.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I would love to do a drive down to Charleston when I finally get back into a Lotus.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks for the update, I spoke with Alex last week and he let me know. A special edition like 3/4 might command a couple Ks more. Looking forward to seeing what you are getting.

Might be fun to swap rides back and forth. I’ve not driven an Evora and a Mac back to back to back but I’m thinking there will be some real similarities especially with the steering feel, handling.

I'm currently shopping for a 400 and there are some nice ones out there, but being old fashioned I insist it be a manual. Swapping rides sounds like great fun and I look forward to a comparison as well. On a side note I just missed out on a 400 as it was sold the day I inquired about it. The search continues

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Congratulations FOGDOG on your new to you Esprit V8. The Esprit IMHO is one of the greatest designs of all time. A timeless classic

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
W
I'm currently shopping for a 400 and there are some nice ones out there, but being old fashioned I insist it be a manual. Swapping rides sounds like great fun and I look forward to a comparison as well. On a side note I just missed out on a 400 as it was sold the day I inquired about it. The search continues
We just missed a Mac I was convinced I had to have. I was so bummed.
Then a week later the car I really preferred came along. Things happen for a reason. Looking forward to seeing what you do find. And yes to the stick. My daily a Honda Civic Si, love the involvement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone. Just purchased my first Lotus last month so looking forward to attending some of the future gathering coming up. Any suggestions for local meetups around the Charlotte area?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not a great picture but honestly doesn't do her justice the lines are superb and the color scheme Lotus has put together is exceptional

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Hey everyone. Just purchased my first Lotus last month so looking forward to attending some of the future gathering coming up. Any suggestions for local meetups around the Charlotte area?
Welcome! What part of Charlotte are you in? I'm near Lake Norman and should have my Elise back on the road late spring. I've also seen a red 400 around here, and my wife spotted another Evora recently around Davidson. There's also a few more Elise, Exige, and Esprit owners, so we should try to get something together. Near DC, we hosted an annual spring cookout and would love to do something similar here, too, but a morning drive up to the mountains for lunch would be perfect, also.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I just planned and posted a drive BCCWNC on March 14th... I also tagged a few of you in the post but if I missed you:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Beautiful car you have!

I didn't make it to C&C this month with the Esprit as the weather was very iffy overnight, so I didn't even bother to set my alarm clock that morning, lol. But I'm usually there when it's dry. Most of the time, I'm the only Esprit, will get one or two others just once in a while and have only seen 3 once (see pic below), as mentioned above there are about 5-6 Esprits (that I know of) in the greater CLT area, although 50% of them are in the shop on any given month as per Esprit tradition! There is a yellow Elise that is a regular at C&C, and then a couple of other Elises pop in occassionally. Have never seen an Evora there, although I know two Evora owners in the CLT area.

Cars & Cappuccino at SouthPark Mall has a better Lotus participation, have seen upwards of 6 Lotus in this 100-car show, and usually have at least 4. This show is European cars only and you must join the annual membership in order to park in the show lot, so it eliminates a lot of the riff-raff and every car is nice. i.e. there's an orange Lambo Miura usually present. But even if you walk thru the adjoining parking structure (non-members) you will see a ton of nice cars.

Caffeine & Horsepower in Weddington is a growing show, about 60-70 cars and free to attend, quite a few exotics show up here, I try to go at least every other month. Owner of the show is a professional detailer so a lot of his clients (including dealerships) show up with some really cool stuff... always have several McLarens, Lambos, Ferrari, Maseratis, high-end Porsche (had two GT3RS parked side-by-side)... although I'm usually the only Lotus. I don't really follow American muscle, but a guy showed up recently with a 2015 (I think) GT500 SuperSnake with just 100 miles on the odometer and all the dealer tags and interior plastic still in place, so that was pretty cool.

Went to one Exotics & Caffeine at the Charlotte McLaren dealership, this is definitely more of a "come see the cars we are selling at the dealership" event, as they only have about 20 guest parking spaces and are very selective who gets to park there (my Esprit made the cut last time!), everyone else has to park on the street. So if you want your car to be seen, this might not be the show.

I'm going to try and start going to Exotics & Espresso at the Charlotte Lambo dealership. Similarly, they state that only exotics can park on their lot, everyone else parks

Have never made it out to Concord C&C. Note that you can donate $20 to charity and run laps at Charlotte Motor Speedway, I don't know if they still have the Roval setup. Need to change my timing belts before I attempt that.

Drove out to C&C Upstate (Greenville, SC) last month and that was a pretty good show. I was the only Esprit, and there was one Elise. But the Greenville Lotus dealer brought over four 2020 Evora GT's so that was nice to see.

On Facebook, there are two local discussion groups you should join: Lotus Drivers of North Carolina, and Charlotte Lotus Owners Group.

Hope to see your car at one of these shows!

66036034_10158605650464838_4052922824896020480_o.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome! What part of Charlotte are you in? I'm near Lake Norman and should have my Elise back on the road late spring. I've also seen a red 400 around here, and my wife spotted another Evora recently around Davidson. There's also a few more Elise, Exige, and Esprit owners, so we should try to get something together. Near DC, we hosted an annual spring cookout and would love to do something similar here, too, but a morning drive up to the mountains for lunch would be perfect, also.
Hey i am down near the stadium so only a quick trip up the highway for me. Would be really interested in doing a mountain trip for the day

41 - 60 of 62 Posts