The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My search skills are poor... does anyone have a method for getting in and out that doesn't look...awkward?

I definitely fit once i'm in, but the whole process of getting in looks quite silly.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
It just takes practice. It also helps to do stretches frequently on your hamstrings and quads.

@baysailor: I would really like to see how you get in and out of this car. I have a friend that is 6'6" 170 (skinny!) and he had a ton of trouble getting in and his legs were too long and touching the steering wheel. He probably could have driven, but it would have been reallllllly ugly.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm a big guy, but short. Here's what i've had to work out.

In:
right leg in, on carpet
Duck head under door
Once seated, lift left leg in and go.

Out:
left leg out
Forearm on passenger seat
boost up with arm
Left leg to ground since i can't touch the ground if i just pivot sideways from the seat.
push out with arm until butt is on sill
duck head under roof
Pivot to a standing position
stand up with right leg still in car
walk away.

·
Registered
398 Posts
^^ I'm not that cruel. :no:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
first of all, doesnt anyone here do yoga.. It makes a big difference in getting in and out of the car aside from the other obvious health benefits..

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
first of all, doesnt anyone here do yoga.. It makes a big difference in getting in and out of the car aside from the other obvious health benefits..
...at this weekend's cars and coffee, i was demonstrating entry and egress technique to a couple who subsequently commented that my SO must really love me...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts