The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! didnt wanna throw this in the general discussion and bump peoples posts down with something not that important! :D

but who out here has a lotus hat? and what one... Right now I'm rocking my Flying Lizard motorsports hat and I love it. Its modest... tasteful hat for work once in awhile. I believe the Lotus Sport hat with all the crazy lines all over the place is a little much.

Anyone know where I can find a lotus hat? Ebay doesn't even have anything... :(

BTW its gotta be smallish. I wear a S/M right now. Not a big head(ed) person! rotfl

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah I saw this! Do they happen to have that hat with a lotus logo on the front?

I swear I saw a Lotus Sport hat that had the lotus sport logo but without all the lines all over the hat.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
If you haven't already, go to group Lotus website and see what they have...usually they have all the good stuff there.

Lotus Cars USA is currently working on updating the website and the merchandising...I'll post photos of anything new.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
i thought they were made out of tin...:shrug:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I bought this one at British Motor Car Distributors (BMCD) in San Francisco. I think its the same one you posted the little pic of. The underside of the bill is bright yellow, which I'm thinking of coloring black.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
They (Lotus Cars USA webstore) have the 60th Anniversary cap on sale now for $13.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought this one at British Motor Car Distributors (BMCD) in San Francisco. I think its the same one you posted the little pic of. The underside of the bill is bright yellow, which I'm thinking of coloring black.
does that really have a shadowed logo going across the right side? or just part of the internet image

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
does that really have a shadowed logo going across the right side? or just part of the internet image
it looks like it says 'Racing' in black down the side, looks awsome!
Yes, its a shadowed logo that says "Racing". I go back and forth whether I like that script or not.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My wife got me the Lotus 60th Anniversary hat for Christmas - nice product. Also, at hangar111.com they have a nice plain black baseball cap with a big Lotus logo on the front. It looks good. I might order one myself.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Lotus has offered several hats over the years. Often many have gone through some variation. Like the Lotus Sport hat - 1st time I ever saw that one it was a simple all black hat with a suede bill (I have one), next time the fit and shape changed a little and there was yellow piping on the bill and a checkered yellow/black flag at the rear. Then the next iteration had the shadowed Racing added. The most recent version has more decoration on the bill and yellow stripes that extend.

The classic Lotus hat (the green one as I believe its called - pictured above) used to be an olive color with the word LOTUS in white arching across.

There are Lotus hats with the logo on the front - some were fitted - some say Lotus.com on the rear - there are also green and black one that were made.

There was also a black had with brown embroidery and a black suede bill.

Most of these are no longer made. Some are only still available in the UK. Sometimes you can still find one if you search ebay or dealers inventory.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Yah im not really digging the racing logo.

How about the standard GREEN with the lotus logo on the front? Do they sell that?
Yes. They used to sell a standard green one with the logo embroidered on the front and LOTUS on the back above the adjustment. My dealer gave me one when I picked up my car.
:D

AFAIK, they still sell a similar one now, but the one I've seen has yellow edging on the bill. Your dealer should have a catalog that you can flip through.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I currently have one like Abe's. My favorite was one with the Lotus logo on the front but I forgot it in a restaurant somewhere in the smokies.:(

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Here are some pictures of some I found online

This one is available at Fox Valley for $28.50 - There are some variations of these - I have seen black versions - some that have an embroidered Lotus logo on the back in the same color - some that say "Lotus" on the back - some that say "www.Lotuscars.com" on the back - some that are fitted.

They don't seem as common any more as they used to be - so I assume this is no longer being made in place of the newer green with yellow inset "classic" hat.
I have one kind of like this with a brown suede bill - embroidered Lotus logo in silver with Lotus written out in Silver in the rear. It is a lower profile than these. (Sorry no picture)

Found this on a UK site.- This is the 1st version of the Lotus Sport hat. I have one of these too - the bill is short but I think it was meant for a M/L head - mine doesn't fit as snug as I would like it to even after adjusting.

From another UK site - This is the 2nd version - has a different profile than the first with yellow piping and flag. I have this one as well - it is one of my favorites. Fits my head just right.
The 3rd version has "Racing" in black across one side (like pictured above). I think it is very close but a little stiffer material than version 2.

Here is the Latest Lotus Sport Hat - IMO- I think someone got a little carried away with the design of this.

This is the original "Classic" hat. I have one of these and it is a stiff material and is kind of tall for my taste. Has a velcro strap to adjust that also has "LOTUS" embroidered. This one really seems to be hard to find anywhere here in the US.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts