The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Euro Tuner - 3/04 - Page 15
"Lotus unveiled a hint as to its plans for the company in the next three years. They include the March 2004 launch of a Toyota powered Exige at Geneva, the first U.S. delivery of the Elise in June, the first Esprit replacement debut by the end of 2005, and a V-6 M250 concept to be unveiled in 2007."

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
If I were a betting man..............

I'd say that the new M250 will go into production for 2007, not be introduced then. I'd expect to see the intro in 2006. What your seeing is a 1 model per year roll out. I just keep hoping that the M250 is a 4 place car and not another 2 seater. I need something to replace my 30year old Elite! A problem is the new european pedistrian requirements which would hurt a front engined lotus and therefore makes a 4 place newrly impossible without the use of a magic engineering wand.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
For 4-passenger, they could do something like they did with the Carlton, although not a pure Lotus car they were quite popular when they came out.

I wasn't aware Lotus was considering a 4-passenger car of it's own, the market seems pretty saturate already.

I assumed they'd hve the entry level elise, an upscale redesigned esprit or replacement , and a car in between along the lines of the m250

Chris

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Chris,

I'm not saying that Lotus will definitely do a new 4 seater. I'm just saying it might make sence. It would be a successor to the Elite/ Eclat/ Sprint/ Excel series and would go up against M3 (or M4 or whatever BMW is going to call the next one), RX-8, low end 911, Maseratti Coupe, Jaguar XK-8, etc. I know if they built one, I'd be back in the front of the line again for it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
For 4-passenger, they could do something like they did with the Carlton, although not a pure Lotus car they were quite popular when they came out.

I wasn't aware Lotus was considering a 4-passenger car of it's own, the market seems pretty saturate already.

I assumed they'd hve the entry level elise, an upscale redesigned esprit or replacement , and a car in between along the lines of the m250

Chris
So where does that put the Exige if it is coming here?

-Whit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts