Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Reporter, "A luxury collision between a high priced lotus and big rig . . . "

She annunciated Lotus.....like LOOWTus (with a hint of condemnation, as if it was obviously the LOOWtus's fault)

I though the reporter was Nancy Grace for a second.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Raised on the DFW Metroplex roads, it behooves me to think of "other drivers" here in rural Kansas as unaware they are piloting a moving vehicle - I pretend that they get into their car, and somehow "forget" that they are solely responsible for things like speed and direction. It makes questions I get like, "Why would they change lanes without signaling?" supremely easy to answer, "Because they don't know they're driving."

If you traverse anywhere in your car assuming you're the only conscious driver on the road, it transcends defensive driving into something far more tactical!

Glad the driver is ok - that was probably crazy scary!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
You guys oughta see the comments on the facebook post that the news site put up! Lots of $100k being thrown around, and how it must be the Lotus's fault because it's an expensive car.

Mind was also blown today when I went on the Toyota website and saw that a mid-range Camry costs more than a used Elise now. WTF.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
elise doesn't even look damaged in that pic. must have been hit on the other side.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
elise doesn't even look damaged in that pic. must have been hit on the other side.
A crash of biblical proportions. Like David and Goliath. Or KITT and Goliath. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Another piece of evidence that common people are completely ignorant about the Elise. "High priced Lotus...,". Most mid-level SUVs cost more than an Elise :(

I also am EXTREMELY defensive when driving my car in traffic. I will triple tap my brakes with my left foot (just enough to trigger the tail lights) if someone is too close to my tail to get them to back the F off. People act completely stupid around our cars. As if they aren't disconnected enough from the act of driving in this day and age!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mike Ritchey: I'm sure the Lotus cut the truck driver off.
David Whitson: Ya I Was On 35 Today KCTV5 News I Find Your Headline Misleading An Another Attempt To Crucify A Driver...Take Your Pic From The Other Side Of That Car...The One That's Gone Cuz He Bounced It Off The Inside Retaining Wall...Passing That Truck On The Left Shoulder.....Yall Ever Actually Wanna Get Your Facts Straight Or Learn Something about Trucks,Trucking,Or What It Takes For Us To Do Our Jobs...Get Ahold Of Me,Ill Talk To Ya,More Than Welcome To Ride Up An Down 35 In My Truck Someday An Learn What Its Really About
Lucy Geddry: Hhmmm let me guess , the lotus raced up to get around the semi and the semi tryed to maneuver away and flipped, but that doesn't make for good headlines. So instead we word it to get more attention and say semi hits lotus. Slam the truckdrivers but still have the greed to want everything when you want it.
Amanda Rutherford Smith: The trucker only hit the Lotus because the Lotus driver was not using reasonable care while operating his vehicle. If I hit a car that ran a stop light would that mean I wasn't in control? No!
The sad thing nowadays is that you can look at peoples profiles who post stupid stuff on news stories, and get a little glimpse of their life, and realize that yes... they are that stupid.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So much hate towards Lotus owners out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts