The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give us a press release or something, it's the least you could do.

I personally think you owe, at the very least, an apology to those of us who you've trapped into paying the increase (e.g. those of us whose cars are built/shipped). I also think that if someone's car is already built or shipped, and they decide that because of this increase they want to remove an option from their car (touring package, lss, anything), that you should do so at your own cost if the option is something that is able to be removed.

Now I know you don't care what I think. I am just a customer, after all... but give it some thought.

Almost forgot to add:

Flame suit on. Lotus Message Board Fast Response Defense Team - fire at will. :rolleyes:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
No flame here. I agree with you.

An apology would certainly help. An explanation would be great. A press release? I don't think it will happen though.

LMBFRDT

·
Registered
357 Posts
It is amazing that no one at lotus can draft a memo, letter, or email; I think the monkeys have been let out of the cage over there.

Maybe Lotus will go BK and just keep everyone's deposits! That would really take the cake.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I would think that an official press release would be mandatory to impose an increase in MSRP. I don't really care to see one, since we know what it will say. Due to yada yada yada, we have raised the price. Regretfully, but yada yada yada.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its amazing to me that for over a year LCU couldn't get their website updated, yet miraculously when they elect to increase the price, there pricing page is updated overnight. Wow, way to have your priorities in order.:huh:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I agree - Lotus should at least issue some sort of communication - press release, news on website, whatever - of this price increase. It'd be nice if they also included an explanation for it, though I don't view that as important as them at least making it public.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
LMBFRDT

:confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Lotus Message Board Fast Response Defense Team
:)
Ah, the fog clears.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'M WONDERING------- how many total bonafied deposits the dealers have that they truly expect to sell and have reported to Lotus as expected business? Dealers know that some people have deposits in to more than one dealer so a certain percentage of the deposits won't become orders. Are all 2200?+/- of the first year's cars and another 2200?+/- of the second year's production basically spoken for? Are we talking about 4-5,000 cars that Lotus and the dealers are pretty sure they have sold and people waiting for right now?

How many people are bitching on this site? 30?, 50, 100? (I'm not one of them) If it's 100 then 100/4,000 = 0.025 - is it possible that our measley 2 to 2-1/2% of what they KNOW they have sold is not a bother, but just a gnat circling their head? Anyone dropping out will probably get replaced pretty quickly.

We have about 1600+ TOTAL forum members here - MANY of which DO NOT have deposits down on cars. How many of our 1600 are actually buying cars? It seems that MOST of the 2,000 - 4,000+ depositors are not posting on this or any site and we do not hear from them (it seems).

It may be that all the bitching I hear may just be not worth listening to as far as the dealers and Lotus are concerned.

Anyone have any decent estimates on the number of deposits and Lotus' first two years production volume of Federal cars?

Maybe (it seems obvious that this is true) EliseTalk members have no clout and no one at the dealers or Lotus really gives a ****!?

·
Registered
963 Posts
cerven said:
I'M WONDERING------- how many total bonafied deposits the dealers have that they truly expect to sell and have reported to Lotus as expected business? Dealers know that some people have deposits in to more than one dealer so a certain percentage of the deposits won't become orders. Are all 2200?+/- of the first year's cars and another 2200?+/- of the second year's production basically spoken for? Are we talking about 4-5,000 cars that Lotus and the dealers are pretty sure they have sold and people waiting for right now?

How many people are bitching on this site? 30?, 50, 100? (I'm not one of them) If it's 100 then 100/4,000 = 0.025 - is it possible that our measley 2 to 2-1/2% of what they KNOW they have sold is not a bother, but just a gnat circling their head? Anyone dropping out will probably get replaced pretty quickly.

We have about 1600+ TOTAL forum members here - MANY of which DO NOT have deposits down on cars. How many of our 1600 are actually buying cars? It seems that MOST of the 2,000 - 4,000+ depositors are not posting on this or any site and we do not hear from them (it seems).

It may be that all the bitching I hear may just be not worth listening to as far as the dealers and Lotus are concerned.

Anyone have any decent estimates on the number of deposits and Lotus' first two years production volume of Federal cars?

Maybe (it seems obvious that this is true) EliseTalk members have no clout and no one at the dealers or Lotus really gives a ****!?
Remember, there are many non posters on this board who are just here to lurk. They may feel the same way as those of us that voice our opinion. They may be backing out of their deal, not getting the clear bra, bad talking Lotus, etc. Just because not everyone is posting doesn't mean more people don't feel the same way.

That being the case, I'm in agreement that Lotus could care less about how we feel.

Either way, this has done more damage to the image of Lotus than help it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts