The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after much searching and reading, we could find much about the Lotus OEM indor cover other than it's expensive, it fits good, and people seem to like it.

We'd like to know if it's hard or a pain to put on a Exige?, Does it cause any rubbing or scratching to the paint?, is really breathable?, does dust get through,and any other comments you might have fron actual usage?

We know about all the other aftermarket covers available so please keep your comments to the Lotus OEM cover.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Like nice, thick flannel pajamas. Easy on, but after taking it off you have to fold it. I don't use it much because I want to see her with nothing left to the imagination. One pictures a garage with many nice cars, all covered up with the name LOTUS on the cover to be sure its not the Lambo.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Everyone uses it, they are a well-known, huge California company that specializes in custom covers.

They make a great custom cover for the Elise/Exige.

Indoor and outdoor.

I have owned several of their covers for my cars.

Anyway, buy the kind you like.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Lotus makes a version for the Elise and another for the Exige.

I had one for my Elise, one for my Exige & I have one coming for my 2-Eleven.

The fit is perfect on these and they are easy to put on and take off.

You will love it and I have never seen a cover that comes close to the Lotus cover:bow::shift:

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Lotus cover is very nice. Kind Abe gave me one as a gift at South Bay Lotus.

However the new outdoor WeatherShield material at California Car Cover is really nice and sheds water like crazy! And my custom cover from them is as snug as it gets.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
BTW for those that don't know Larry gets 10% commission from WeatherShiedrotfl

Here is a pic of my Exige wearing the Lotus Exige OEM indoor cover:wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the great info and the photo Patrick! Great information :)

Lotus makes a version for the Elise and another for the Exige.

I had one for my Elise, one for my Exige & I have one coming for my 2-Eleven.

The fit is perfect on these and they are easy to put on and take off.

You will love it and I have never seen a cover that comes close to the Lotus cover:bow::shift:

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Good info Patrick!

No commission from California Car Cover but I've been to their factory several times and I like their products.

Lotus products are great too!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info John! we should be there. What's up with this snow? We got 2 or 3 inches up here, it looks like you good a lot more down in Farmington?

Hi Jeff & Pamela....I have both the Lotus OEM indoor cover & the white rain cover. I drive an Elise, but I found that the Elise covers are well made and fit good so I can only guess that would be the same for yours...See you in Rosemount in April.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts