The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spoke to Neil Turner and several engineers this week at Lotus UK . They are investigating the Evora stalling and car shutting off while braking problem. Some on this forum have experienced their car shutting off or stalling when braking with the car in neutral. It would be very helpful if those of you who have experienced this problem or know someone who has experienced this problem, to have them contact Neil directly via email or call. The engineers need as much first hand knowledge as possible. Neil's information is below. Please post if you have contacted Neil on this thread so we have a record.
Thanks

Neil Turner - Customer Services, Warranty & Technical Manager LOTUS AFTERSALES, Units 6 & 7 John Hyrne Way, Longwater Business Park, Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk NR5 0AF England.
T +44 (0)1603 732194
[email protected]
Home | Lotus Cars

·
Registered
857 Posts
Is this the issue that some people have fixed by cleaning out the throttle body? Have not experienced as I have an IPS but I remember someone posting that cleaning the throttle body fixed the problem for them.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont think so

this occurs when hard braking coming to a stop

Is this the issue that some people have fixed by cleaning out the throttle body? Have not experienced as I have an IPS but I remember someone posting that cleaning the throttle body fixed the problem for them.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks texevora

did your dealer have any other cars with this experience

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I was the first person to report this problem. I have written extensively about my experiences here on the forum. There are a few good threads here that discuss it at length.

We're over 4 years in and only now Lotus has decided to reach out to the community for help.

Hey Lotus, how bout some reimbursement for my 3 years testing your products for you?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Jbergstein: The dealer did not say anything about other cars having the issue, but I do know someone with an '11 S manual at our local Cars & Coffee that is still experiencing the issue.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Btw guys, I have an IPS and it has the same issue. In eight months of ownership the car stalled twice coming to a stop and almost stalled another two times but I had enough space to accelerate a little bit to avoid the car from stalling. Sent Neil an email.

·
Premium Member
7,570 Posts
Guess in the relative Totota scheme of things a stall is far safer than a locked accelerator!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I ininiated this with Lotus it wasnt thier idea

It took me months to get Lotus UK to pay attention to this. It now seems that IPS owners as well as Manual owners are experiencing this. It is critical for all of us to contact Neil Turner with details of their problem. Please post on this site or PM me after you contact Neil so I can keep track. Lotus UK and US said they were unfamiliar with the stalling problem that dealers had not reported the problem. Could this be unique to USA cars because of USA admissions or are all cars worldwide experiencing this?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I checked out this thread last night and thought about sending Neil an email. Then on the way home, approaching the light just outside of work, my car stalls.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It took me months to get Lotus UK to pay attention to this. It now seems that IPS owners as well as Manual owners are experiencing this. It is critical for all of us to contact Neil Turner with details of their problem. Please post on this site or PM me after you contact Neil so I can keep track. Lotus UK and US said they were unfamiliar with the stalling problem that dealers had not reported the problem. Could this be unique to USA cars because of USA admissions or are all cars worldwide experiencing this?
My car is euro spec. I told my dealership like two months ago about this. They updated last month to latest software. Like a few weeks ago my car almost stalled but I prevented it from doing so. Last time it stalled I think a few months ago and the wrench symbol came on. Had it cleared.

·
Registered
857 Posts
This is the first I have read about it affecting IPS and manual cars. Yikes.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Of course, as luck would have it the day after I posted the previous comment my car stalled on me today when coming to a stop. First time for everything I suppose.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is very important

That as many of you you have experience the stalling and shutting off, email Neil Turner. We must build the body of experiences so they can figure out what is causing the problem.
Thanks to all of you who have contacted Neil. Please post if Neil responds to you and if you are interviewed by Lotus engineers.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ive emailed him, he requested my full chassis number and servicing dealer among other details. I gave him a link to this thread too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My car has stalled at least 20 times. I guess I do a lot of hard braking. I have been talking to my dealer about it, but with no fault codes coming up and without being able to replicate it there is not much they can do. I'm glad to hear lotus is aware of the issue. I will definitely send an email and will pass this info along to my dealer as well.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts