The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Integrator
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!

True Lotus Enthusiast, (by Jimmy, '99 Esprit V8)[cit]

"A true Lotus enthusiast is the one that no matter how many people talk about his car looks, rarity or performance, he is inspired by it's exhilarating handling, execution and feeling; Lotus owners are passionate by their car elegant design and sharp cuts to pin point perfection. Their Lotus makes them feel rich, superior, proud and unique; they feel confident and optimistic about the potentials of their car. They don't get tired of admiring it; they look at it every time with a grin on their faces at every glimpse at this exciting machine and see it as their million dollar price; and yes, they are proud to be one of only ten thousand owners worldwide. They are proud to be part of the distinguished and honored few. They stand to support everything Lotus, including its comrades of elite owners who also represent a legend of Formula 1, its seven championships and the legacy of an engineer who took his passion to his heart. Just like Colin Chapman's infatuation, Lotus owner's pride drives them to exhibitions generating envy and desires by simply displaying their prestige supreme machine on shows exposing maximum representation and to conquer an ultimate public admiration. They are confident that their supreme machine is the ultimate eye candy for dreamers, an extreme eye magnet to automobile enthusiasts and the jealousy of those who own it's competitors. A Lotus enthusiast is a believer; he believes that their exotic high performance machine can always live and will continue to live to give the "wow, look at that car!" effect, that public utter when they see it driving by. If it goes down a thousand times, a thousand times will be brought back to life by it's owner. Lotus owners are believers, a proud and zealous few who are part of an exclusive band... We are a family among owners, Band of Brothers, arrogant to our competitors but humble to the public... we are proud...
Proud to say "I am a Lotus Owner"!

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
LOTUS make the Driver one with the Car.:grin2:
AND Lotus has a way of making the OWNER one with the car in terms of learning how to wrench...

·
Integrator
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too often, the potential new owner reads numerous threads describing all kind of "troubles" with our cars and gets disenchanted.
As a responsible Owners, we should practice more of the Positive Reinforcement to promote the Marque and preserve the pricing.

Don't you love when a fella motorist(s) chase you to give you thumbs up or take your car picture ?

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,860 Posts
Jay Leno mentions the driving feel of any Lotus, and the Evora, in his three week old episode, of Jay Leno's Garage.

I haven't looked but I'm SURE someone has linked to it in the Evora area. But, here it is again.

·
Jeff
155 Posts
For some reason, just this morning I was thinking how my old friend who I bought my Elan from used to say that Lotus people are "the lunatic fringe of the lunatic fringe." That pretty much says it all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts