The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son just sent this article my way from Business Week. It talks about how Lotus is putting its name on the creation of a super bike valued at $137,000!

There's one way to generate revenue!

Lotus Motorcycles C-01 Brings 'Tron' to the Real World - Businessweek

The designer behind the fictional light cycles in Tron: Legacy and the bubbleship flown by Tom Cruise in Oblivion is making a real-world motorcycle, the first produced under the Lotus marque.

The Lotus Motorcycles C-01, described by the creators as a “hyperbike,” is the creation of former Bugatti Automobiles designer Daniel Simon and Germany’s Kodewa racing team, who have licensed the U.K. sports-car manufacturer’s name. Holzer Group will carry out the development, production, and assembly of the machine.

The motorcycle will be produced in a limited run of 100 units and is the two-wheeled equivalent of such ultra-exotic cars as the Italian Pagani Huayra. With a retail value of €100,000 ($137,450), the C-01′s price could afford you a pair of Lotus’s Elise sports cars or four of Ducati’s top-of-the-line 1199 Panigale R superbikes, which retail for a modest $31,000.

VIDEO: Motorcycle of the Future: Meet the Tesla of Bikes
What sets this motorcycle apart from your average superbike is the extensive use of highly specialized materials such as carbon, titanium, and aerospace-quality steel, the same stuff used in Formula 1. Kodewa’s background includes building a prototype Le Mans car for Lotus, and it’s this level of craftsmanship that puts the C-01 in such an elite category of motorcycles.

First deliveries of this dream machine are set for August.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Well, it's not going to be built by Lotus, but is licensed by Lotus.

So, seems like a good venture, safe licence income, a bit of promo and no risk.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I hope its not that expensive. Because I definitely want one. Even though it doesnt look really that well designed for racing or cruising. Looks great though

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Looks just like the one in the other two threads!

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Looks just like the one in the other two threads!
rotflrotfl

search: a lost art, but we've all probably reposted stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts