The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i damaged my car yesterday jacking it up from point a to remove the tire is the repairable or no thanks Dean could i bend the aluminium back to where it was.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Call a paintless dent guy, he may be able to glue pull it, however the fiberglass looks cracked.

Next time, you need to pt the jack on rivet area, the outer edge is soft and that's what happens.

Reactions: XHILR8N!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best bet is to report this to your insurance company. They will most likely total the car :(.

Hah! I've seen much worse, but the good news is that it doesn't look like it damaged the fiberglass. Do you happen to have a photo of the jack that you used?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I don't know how you could easily fix that, but on the plus side you can't see it when you stand up can you?

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
209 Posts
This is the second thread in a few days where this has happened to somebody. Im going to have to look up a bunch of materials before attempting to jack mine up so this doesn't happen.

Reactions: DAaaMan64

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Use a hockey puck and put the puck nearer the rivets.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
209 Posts
So it's safe to say you need to back the lift spot back a bit from the sticker?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Yeah just that direction an inch makes the support a lot stronger. I actually think that sticker might be in the wrong place? Is that the OEM sticker or one made by GGLC? Just curious that I saw some different in a quick google search.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
DO NOT report it to insurance, Why would anyone recommend that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fibre glass it not damaged thank god. if you are here to make stupid comments dont bother commenting on the photo. car is repairable i have spoken to a panel beater and he has said that he will pull the aluminium back in place where it was before.

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
I thought most Elise/Exige jack points already looked like this or very similar :LOL:

I used a hockey puck even though some people are against them.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
fibre glass it not damaged thank god. if you are here to make stupid comments dont bother commenting on the photo. car is repairable i have spoken to a panel beater and he has said that he will pull the aluminium back in place where it was before.
First, relax

Second, it will be a trick to fix that since that section of body work does not come off, well, at least voluntarily.

I for one would like to see the after pics

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm what qualifies as a noob around here - but I'm shaking my head that it appears the jacks were placed exactly where the stickers were and then the frame was bent...

That's exactly the kind of mistake I would make - so appreciate the thread.

Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anyone can make a mistake like that jack stand was placed where sticker was i jacked the car in all other jack points as i was changing tires the frame only bent on one side ( **** happens!!

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,377 Posts
I need new stickers myself, not sure if this helps at all with half a sticker and side skirts in the way but you can still see some reference points. I do go a little past this sticker with a hockey puck. (edit for picture size...)
20200807_120723.jpg

1 - 20 of 33 Posts