The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a local Firestone dealer (highly regarded) refuse to install new tires on my powder coated LSS wheels. The head technician said the wheels were "reverse mount" and he was concerned about damaging the powder coat. The manager apologized and suggested another shop (Town Fair Tire). I went there next and had the store manager look at the wheels. He said they weren't "reverse mount" wheels and they'd have no problem putting new tires on them.

So, in all the research on this site when deciding on tires, I never saw mention of the LSS wheels being "reverse mount."

Who do I believe? And, if "reverse mount" what questions should I ask to make sure the installation is done without damage to the wheels/tires?

·
He's on fire!
3,087 Posts
does it matter? firestone doesn't want to mess with them so don't take it there. You don't change tires everyday do you? Take photos of the wheels immediately before you take them in so you've got proof of thier condition and inspect them afterward.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Reverse mount refers to which side is up (the side the wheel bolts go in, or from the reverse side) when they mount the tire. Wider rims are frequently reverse mounted, but I never considered the LSS wheels especially wide. The local tires stores do not do a reverse mount on my LSS wheels, they do reverse mount on my Team Dynamics 1.4 wheels. The one time they didn't, they chipped the powdercoat on my Team Dynamics wheels, live and learn.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks addertooth (and Kevlar for the PM)! I'm confident now that the LSS wheel doesn't require a reverse mount. It looks like Town Fair will be doing the install next week.

jds62f, great recommendation. Quick photos on site will be good insurance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts