The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday, May 5th, Lotus Ltd will present it's first-ever Car Control Clinic on the infield Autocross area of Lime Rock Park in Connecticut.

$RXH9684.png

"Lotus, Ltd. is excited to have you join them on May 5, 2018 at Lime Rock Park in Northwest Connecticut for a new type of event in our Performance Driver Education program. We're presenting a car control clinic on the two "autocross" tracks located on Lime Rock Park's infield parking area. This low-speed, safe event is intended to allow you to explore dynamic changes in your vehicle's handling that you really don't want to feel on the street. However, if you do, you'll be glad you attended this event! In other words, these courses are designed to upset your car by promoting understeer and oversteer. Beyond all that, it's just a blast to toss your car around while improving your driving skills!

The program runs from 12:30 to 6:00pm and is limited to 24 drivers. Our drivers' meeting will start at 12:30pm at the infield chalet. Come as early as you want and feel free to wander around Lime Rock's infield and paddock, just be up at the Chalet by the start of the meeting. Our track time runs from 1:30 to 6:00! We will divide into two groups and each group will have the chance to drive the two tracks independently. We will finish the day as a single group and combine the two tracks! Instructors will be on hand to answer questions and provide feedback.

This is an informal driving event, you can drive whatever type of vehicle you like (preferably a Lotus), helmets are suggested but not required, however, you should wear appropriate closed toed, rubber soled shoes. If you feel like taking a break during the event and watching the members of the Lime Rock Drivers Club lap the main track, go right ahead and come back in line whenever you feel ready. Lime Rock Park is a park, so there are no grandstands. Bring your family, some chairs and a picnic and enjoy the day! The paddock concession stand will also be open for purchase of meals and snacks.

If you've ever wanted to exercise your Lotus in a way you can't on the street, but don't want to take it on a full-blown race track, this car control clinic is for you. Since this is our first event of this type, we're offering it to you for a special introductory rate of only $80 per driver for Lotus, Ltd. members and $100 for non-members! Sign up NOW, again registration is limited.

If you have any questions, contact David Nagler at [email protected]

You can sign up for this event at https://clubregistration.net/events/event-details.cfm?event_id=9057. Create a login account at ClubRegistration if you don't have one."

·
Wingless Wonder
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to clarify: You do NOT need to be a member of Lotus, Ltd to participate (but, the cost is $20 more).

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I would love to do this sometime. I mean I got pretty good at losing control of a car but I’m sure there is plenty of room for improvement.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I see a couple of Boston/MetroWest area people going.

It might be fun to convoy out from Boston area to LimeRock on Saturday morning. It's about 150ish miles so
allot 3h. Maybe leave @ 8A to allow a little extra 'touring'?

If interested, either reply here or email me --> [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts