The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined Lotus LTD but have not been able to access the member area as instructed in my welcome letter.

I sent the webmaster an email a while ago and also today prompting of a difficulty in getting into the member area

Is there anything of interest on the site? I noticed that the last update to breaking news was on 3/14/14. That would seem to imply that the site is not updated or maintained so if that is the case, I suppose it would be pointless to log into site

·
Registered Insane
290 Posts
There is not much going on there.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Hi,

As the current President of Lotus Ltd, I have to take full responsibility for our website and its current issues. The buck stops here with me but there are reasons that I would like to explain a bit. While taking responsibility I do as the club president, my other comments are from myself and not the board of Lotus Ltd.

There is no question that our website needs more frequent updates and I have asked for help on this from the general membership.

We are currently focusing our time and energy on things we believe our club members want as their focus of club membership. We have just concluded a very successful Advanced Drivers Day at Watkins Glen and we have our 34th Lotus Owners Gathering taking place in just over a month in Ashville North Carolina. Our club magazine, Remarque, is also a great benefit to Lotus Ltd membership. History has shown us that these three items are what the greatest percentage of our members want from our club.

The internet and forums like this one and others, including search engines have really taken what the role of what club websites used to provide. It is my hope to find something "new" that we can offer to our members in the way of a website.

I am going to make the website initiative one of my priorities once I leave my current office at the end of the year.

So again I apologize for our website. If you want to log in and check out what we currently have on it, please send me and email at tvacc*at*lotusowners*dot* you know where and I will get your password out to you once I retrieve it from our database.

Always like to hear from club members, from both sides. Our job here is to make the club as relative as we can to our members.

Tony Vaccaro
President Lotus Ltd.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tony,
You probably don't remember me but we did meet at LOG 22. I'm pretty much aware of the focus on more popular aspects of Lotus Limited. HPDE and Remarque are very popular features.

Been away for awhile but rejoined Limited as a requirement to register for Log 34. I've been an off and on member since the 70's (mostly off). I was just wondering and curious if there was anything special going on at the website and members area. So if nothing is really going on at the site its okay. Just didn't want to miss anything if there anything of importance due to not being able to log on the site using the supplied log in info from the welcome letter. You are right in that many of the forums have taken the lead over many car club websites.

So if nothing is happening on the site the inability to log in to the member area is not a priority.

LOG 34 is big priority as I do plan to attend as I am in big rush to get my car running for the drive. I ordered LOG apparel not knowing what they will look like but what the heck I'm sure it will be fine. We have a general idea from the Carolina site

Club website and distribution is big thing. At least for our club. Publishing of mailers and postage was a major part of our local club budget. Since switching to web based distribution and publishing the need for funds to operate the club has fallen off to almost zero. In our case local club dues are almost voluntary. Many clubs are also doing PDF electronic distribution instead of hard copy publishing of mailers and postage.

I would say of major importance would be on line access to the travelers assistance list that could be auto sorted by region, state, model/yr of expertise, etc

·
Registered
181 Posts
For many years that the Lotus LTD site has been neglected, it's impossible to energize the site......more power to you and I commend your plan to bring this site alive.

The club in my estimation is also needs to be energized. During the 70's and the 80's, I used to be on the list of over 3,000 members. I don't know the current active numbers but I bet it's in the hundreds or less ??? ....and 10 times lotus models today than yesterday....expect more ownerships.

....cheaper to dissolve the club and start all over for new lotus generation. LOL:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Cal, I have had the same issue in the past with log-on. One of the problems (in my case) was that the web master has to do a different procedure to set / reset the password for a returning member rather than a new member. We eventually got it straightened out after a few emails. Not too much immediate in there, but includes some discount info with suppliers, track schools, etc. Did my LOG registration is by snail mail.

HTH

Stu

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I gave up trying to get my password over a year ago. Plenty unanswered mails.

Needed it to renew. So my membership lapsed and eventually I went through several mails searching for some way to renew without my password. Got that done but never got the password. Figuring this out has been on a "to do" list for a long while.

image.jpg

I applaud your efforts to bring the site back from the ashes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts