The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It's a long shot, I did a bit of research before creating this thread and found nothing. Also saw a few threads from couple of years ago that also yielded nothing, perhaps something new has come up?!

I'm looking for a mechanical drawing/CAD file of a Lotus car (not fussy about which!)... Does anyone have anything like this? File type shouldn't really be an issue.

Thanks for your help in advance...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want this now.

Thanks, I'll try and convert and scale them into a dwg format. If not perhaps I'll do the old trace-job!

You know you are asking for Lotus intellectual property... I would like to have that too, but...
Haha, I know - I was asking for a re-draw really. Although I would love to see the originals! I don't, however, have access to a piece of Catia software anyway and have never used it - which I believe is the software Lotus use... Perhaps its convertible into a Solidworks format as its owned by the same company!? (Dassault Systemes)

Thanks for all your responses!

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Hi,

It's a long shot, I did a bit of research before creating this thread and found nothing. Also saw a few threads from couple of years ago that also yielded nothing, perhaps something new has come up?!

I'm looking for a mechanical drawing/CAD file of a Lotus car (not fussy about which!)... Does anyone have anything like this? File type shouldn't really be an issue.

Thanks for your help in advance...
For aesthetic or engineering purposes? :)

Awesome!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
This is great! Thanks!

I'm currently working on a re-draw of the lotus23 enderw88 posted, so I'll post that once I'm done! Without exact dimensions though I'm going to have to assume some dimensions and curves...
Look up the wheelbase and track and use those dimensions to scale from.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look up the wheelbase and track and use those dimensions to scale from.
I have done - once I scale to one dimension the others don't seem to match up. I have tried both Lotus23 and Lotus23C dimensions.

Perhaps I could use the wheel size to scale it - assuming the drawing has been drawn to an accurate scale.. which may not be the case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Heres my re-draw of the side-on view of a Lotus 23:

Also here it is in AutoCAD with the layers being divided by colour. Thought it looked pretty neat... Although its not perfect:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts