The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 111R (Elise)
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody up for meeting up for coffee and then a morning drive up through Wesley Chapel and Lutz areas. Perhaps Friday June 12th

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
209 Posts
To bad I dont live there anymore. I lived in New Tampa/Wesley Chapel area next to Wiregrass mall. I know a GREAT run up to Shamrocks in Flora City, consisting of nothing but curvy roads. It starts at the Sunoco on 56 and Collier, head north from there. 99% backroads and 75% curves. Ill see if i can pull up some old GPS data on the routes I would run.

Reactions: chuparkoff

·
Registered
2005 111R (Elise)
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be awesome if you could share that! I just moved back so I am unaware of the run potential!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
209 Posts
I'd been doing that run since 2006. Such a great run with minimal police and traffic. I havent done it in a few years and will try to find the exact route for you. But if you want to make your own, start at that gas station I sent you and go on google maps and make your way to shamrocks in floral city, adjust it to the curvy roads :). I'll also look up the Clermont runs for you. From New Tampa to Clermont. Edit. The old Hess near brooksville was the refuel point for the north run.

·
Registered
2005 111R (Elise)
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To bad I dont live there anymore. I lived in New Tampa/Wesley Chapel area next to Wiregrass mall. I know a GREAT run up to Shamrocks in Flora City, consisting of nothing but curvy roads. It starts at the Sunoco on 56 and Collier, head north from there. 99% backroads and 75% curves. Ill see if i can pull up some old GPS data on the routes I would run.
Does this look right?

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
209 Posts
Im not sure if thats 100% it, but It goes the general direction lol. I would refine it to maximize the curvy roads. I do believe we went a bit south west under brooksville and hit up the old Hess gas station (now sunoco I believe) and then went north from there. There were various routes we would take depending on the mood but those were just extra little parts of the route. Ill reach out to some of my old riding buddies and see what I can come up with. I know we did have a GPS database with all our routes.

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
There is quite a group on facebook for Lotus owners in Tampa I started it back when I lived there. Are you in that group? I bet you could get some people from there to join!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts