The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale or Free

I have purchased many models of the Lotus family, particularly the 111 chassis models. I always intended to pass them on to other enthusiasts who were not so lucky to find them online or on the racks at Walmart. I have duplicates of many models and most are in original boxes. Some packaging is faded. They are many different sizes, 1:18, 1:28, and 1:43. I have included a group picture to help identify the size. Email if you are concerned about the condition of the box or model or the size.

I want them all to find good homes.

Each one is free to the first person that responds but then you must send me packaging, prepaid and self addressed, and I will box the model and send it back. (I am in Sunnyvale, CA 94087). Please do not ask me to send it unless you are willing to pay extravagantly. Anyone who wishes to pay for the larger or more rare models will receive priority. I will only respond to this email address: [email protected]

View the collection here:

miniature collection

Michael

The Sands Mechanical Museum

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
email sent.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I'll let others e-mail you for the models, but I just want to say THANK YOU for keeping your site online. It has helped me with a ton of DIY projects that otherwise I wouldn't have wanted to tackle.

·
Registered
468 Posts
+1 on keeping the site up. Also, I have sent an email if you are willing to spare one or two matchbox cars for my kids. Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
email sent!

Your website was one of the first I found to guide me in the care and feeding of my nightfall blue 2005 Lotus Elise, purchased in 2008. If the larger blue Elise isn't already spoken for, I can come pick it up in person this Sunday!

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I'll let others e-mail you for the models, but I just want to say THANK YOU for keeping your site online. It has helped me with a ton of DIY projects that otherwise I wouldn't have wanted to tackle.
Sam ting.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A second try to find homes for these miniatures

Many of the models have found good homes. Some of you expressed an interest in a particular model but then did not send a box. So there are some left.

I will only respond to this email address: [email protected]

Many thanks to those of you who appreciate the Sands Mechanical Museum website. The Lotus section was a labor of love, in appreciation for Lotus finally bringing the car to the States. I have not added anything to the site for some time. However I continue to drive and appreciate my Exige S240.

Michael

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
agreed it has been a treat interacting with you, thanks for the epic model, and while it may not have been updated in awhile the site is a treasure trove for us enthusiasts and was so helpful when I had my Elise!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts