The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm what dates model year production officially begins and ends at Lotus/Hethel?

I know it isn't January through December. I thought it is roughly August through May.

According to this (dated 04/09) official Lotus Press Release about 2010 Elise and Exige's, the 2010's are already available? April? :confused:
2010 Model Year Elise and Exige Now Cleaner than Ever » Lotus

And according to this Press Release (dated 03/09) it looks like Lotus is already building 2010 Evoras and are ramping up to produce approximately 34 2010 Evoras per week by July.
www.grouplotus.com/mediacentre_pressreleases/image/435.pdf

·
Registered
195 Posts
My 05 Elise has a build date of July 2005. #4850 according to the VIN.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Standard build years typically run September/October to July/august. Obviously, if you have a new model like the evora, things don't necessarily follow that schedule. Typically, the new MY cars make it to he US around November/December.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Could someone please point me the right direction to find actual production #'s by year by color? I am curious to see how many Elise's were made by year...and if it's specific to Starlight Black. Is there a source that lists that info?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...no, excepting limited editions, lotus has never released official production numbers for the elise - the best we have are anecdotal accounts passed down by sales representatives and the like...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Does anyone have a ball park figure they use when asked "how many are produced a year?"

I have offered "5,000"...but I am talking out of my butt.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Does anyone have a ball park figure they use when asked "how many are produced a year?"

I have offered "5,000"...but I am talking out of my butt.
Total annual sales in the U.S. Has hovered around 800 for the past couple of years. Sales should jump to between 1600-2000 here with the intro of the evora.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Total annual sales in the U.S. Has hovered around 800 for the past couple of years. Sales should jump to between 1600-2000 here with the intro of the evora.
WOW! I was waaaayyyyy off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
[
To add to this, for '05, Lotus probably brought around 2,500 Elises to the US - but there was a two year + waiting list at the time, so there was a lot of demand, that tapered off in later years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts