The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
As has been mentioned, these are NOT related to Group Lotus, Lotus Cars, Lotus Sport, or Lotus Engineering at all. They're done by a different company who licensed the name during the Bahar era and the current managers weren't able to squash the deal. They were designed by the guy who designed the light bikes in the new Tron movie, which is why they look similar.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Whatever raises the brand profile is ok with me. I still don't understand how McLaren has gone into orbit and Lotus can't manage with practically the same storied past.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
70-80mm suspension travel? Maybe for the salt flats.

Hey, 1972 called and wanted its dual laydown shocks back. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I still don't understand how McLaren has gone into orbit and Lotus can't manage with practically the same storied past.
Because more pole.
Because more victories.
Because more championship titles.
Because more manufacturer titles.
Because Niki Lauda.
Because Alain Prost.
Because Ayrton Senna.
Because their first street car in 1992 is the F1.
Because the F1 considered by many as the ultimate sport car.
Because when an F1 goes to auction, it changes hand for roughly 8-9M
Because in 1995, McLaren introduce the F1 GTR and spanked all cars including prototypes at Le Mans

But you're kinda wrong on one thing, McLaren hasnt gone into orbit.
In fact if you go a McLaren dealership, you'll be warmly welcome and they'll probably give you a great great deal on one of those extra inventory MP4-12C they have...

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
After a personal conversation with Mr. Simon about the missing element that sets a Lotus apart from every other vehicle we decided on this... :D

Disclaimer: Original Image is the property of Lotus Motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Because more pole.
Because more victories.
Because more championship titles.
Because more manufacturer titles.
Because Niki Lauda.
Because Alain Prost.
Because Ayrton Senna.
Because their first street car in 1992 is the F1.
Because the F1 considered by many as the ultimate sport car.
Because when an F1 goes to auction, it changes hand for roughly 8-9M
Because in 1995, McLaren introduce the F1 GTR and spanked all cars including prototypes at Le Mans

But you're kinda wrong on one thing, McLaren hasnt gone into orbit.
In fact if you go a McLaren dealership, you'll be warmly welcome and they'll probably give you a great great deal on one of those extra inventory MP4-12C they have...
Very nice.. Although we had Senna too. And Moss and Clark and Mansell! And the other Finn lol! And a pile of constructors championships and a hundred poles and [CUE THE BRITISH NATIONAL ANTHEM] AND WE SERVICED HER MAJESTY'S 007 AND MI6 AND GAVE THE WORLD THE ELISE AND EXIGE AND NURSED RAIKKONEN TO HEALTH AND AND AND...

GOD BLESS THE QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Very nice.. Although we had Senna too. And Moss and Clark and Mansell! And the other Finn lol! And a pile of constructors championships and a hundred poles and [CUE THE BRITISH NATIONAL ANTHEM] AND WE SERVICED HER MAJESTY'S 007 AND MI6 AND GAVE THE WORLD THE ELISE AND EXIGE AND NURSED RAIKKONEN TO HEALTH AND AND AND...

GOD BLESS THE QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!
TBH I dont really care about F1 results, and I'm sure their impacts on sales is neglectable.

McLaren hasnt gone orbit. They just sell high end sport cars, which has a certain appeal to the public. They also bank on the fact that 22 years ago, they released the best car in the world, which is still outperforming lots of today's cars.

Lotus sells affordable sport cars. Powered by whatever is available at the time, Rover, Toyota, or KTM for this bike. You wont go orbit with that either.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Pretty awesome looking bike, I never once considered owning a motorcycle, this one has me second guessing myself.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
MTLDean: Because Mclaren is not managed and funded by malaysian company and craftsmanship and performance is the key to their success. Lotus has managed to hire bunch of idiots around the world to keep collecting paychecks and sit on their ass and do nothing. They can't even manage selling parts right , how are they going to get their sales right!!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i liked it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts