Banned
938 Posts
That vehicle is just too clean.
Wow.
What is the mileage?

·
Registered
136 Posts
is it alot easier to pull out the top than bottom? seems like most work i see is out the top. Also do you have to add weight ballast to the car to keep it stable when removing the motor/trans. car looks great for the age, doesnt look like any real dirty work, everything is so clean.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it alot easier to pull out the top than bottom? seems like most work i see is out the top. Also do you have to add weight ballast to the car to keep it stable when removing the motor/trans. car looks great for the age, doesnt look like any real dirty work, everything is so clean.
The engine/gearbox has to be pulled from the top as the chassis doesn't allow for it to be dropped out the bottom. Depending on the car...somtimes we'll strap it to the lift arms to ensure it's secure when removing large components.

This is a very clean example of an early Esprit...well cared for over the years!

·
Super Moderator
4,042 Posts
That oil cap location caught my eye - is the 85 Esprit carb engine that different compared to my 88 Bosch FI engine (oil cap opposite side)?

I believe the earlier Turbo Esprits used different liners, etc. but location of the oil cap seems it wouldn't change.

Incredibly clean engine - looking forward for rest of story on the work being done.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
That's where the cap is on a '89 Turbo (non-SE). On the SE it was moved forward to allow room for the chargecooler....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
:facepalm

I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember the source - I got them on-line from a west coast supplier and got the original contact from Jim Knowles. A while ago I asked Jim if he remembered the name of the place and he didn't - I have this vague recollection it was called "Royal" something - they did list a specific Esprit application and the wires were reasonable priced. It's been a while but I'll polk around and see if I can come up with the name.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts