Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Great news for Lotus.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Smartest thing they could have done!
:up:

Congrats to Arnie and congrats to every North American Lotus owner!
:D

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Arnie deserves this and much, much more. Why Lotus ever let him go back in 2004 is beyond me.

Like Kiyoshi said, Arnie fought hard to get the Skip Barber deal done. He understands the Lotus owner and enthusiast. He knows who the target audience is and what appeals to them (and it isn't Motley crew concerts). I still think the SB deal will pay huge dividends when people get a chance to experience the Exige back-to-back against M3s, IS-Fs and Caymans on a track. And just think, this is just the beginning.

Way to go Arnie!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Not to mention Arnie' push for the sub $40K price point and only importing a small amount of cars per year gave Lotus a great start in 2004 to mid-2005. Once they brought more cars in (after Arnie was replaced), the niche market got over saturated and resale values dropped like a rock (but have since seem to stablize).

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Not to mention Arnie' push for the sub $40K price point and only importing a small amount of cars per year gave Lotus a great start in 2004 to mid-2005. Once they brought more cars in (after Arnie was replaced), the niche market got over saturated and resale values dropped like a rock (but have since seem to stablize).
Don't get me started. He had the marketnailed back in 2002/2003 for the car and somebody who came in late with a name the rhymes with "Tail" seemed to think that instead of keeping demand up, Lotus should meet all the orders in 12 months rather than the projected 24-30 months. Mr. Tail should have done his homework on how UK employment laws work because if he did, he's know that you can't just lay off workers. Thus the overbuild in 2006 which nearly sank the company. If they had just kept Arnie's plan, they would have never had a problem in the first place.

All that is history now and the fact is Lotus is VERY healthy and has fantastic new product, great new dealers coming on line and a great staff in Hethel and at LCU to back it up.:clap:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Any word yet on the new Socal dealer?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I may have mis-spoken... may be a signing by today and announcement later. In any case it's good news.

Kiyoshi
I was told that a deal was about to be reached and announcement would come next week.

I get the vibe that it's a well established exotic dealership... so I'm going to predict (uneducated guess) Rusnak or O'Gara Coach.

Or maybe it's a dealer who already sells British marques like Jag & Landrover. Hornburg or Galpin possibly?

What if they were sold at the Tesla dealership in W. LA?

Any guesses?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts