The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am #31 at LOA. I ordered on 4/15/03. I have yet to be called at all -- for anything. has anyone been contacted, given info, or been asked to place and order yet? I figure I am in the 2nd or 3rd batch but many higher numbers have already been called from other dealerships.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Samurai,

I know I have not been passed, just wondering how far they actually got. The guys at Lotus of Atlanta have been so honest thus far that I can't imagine them screwing me -- I guess you never know. I will follow up with them at the Auto Show next week.

Q

·
0 Posts
The dealers have only been told by the factory to place orders for #1 through #30.... actually 29.

The order for the first 9 has already been taken (10 are being allocated, by the dealership keeps one for demos). The factory told all dealers to take the next 20 orders and have them in this week.

Since you are #31, you will be in the NEXT batch of cars the dealer takes option orders for.

Be patient and enjoy... good things come to those who wait!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yea I know, I've been wondering the same thing. I also wonder how many have dropped off. Would be nice to know how much more time I have to build up more of a deposit. The only information I know is that I have not been called either and my number is behind you.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Guys,
Don't hesitate to give LOA a call. FYI, Chad is no longer there from what I understand, Chris C. is the only guy dealing with the Lotus line there now.

Chris

87 days and a wakeup................

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
I'm approximately (read the fine print) #24 at LOA. No one has called me yet, but I did check with Chris about a month ago and he said he would call me when he needed my order specifics.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm #37 I believe, I called and he said only a couple had dropped off and they hadn't decided what they were going to do with those slots.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris said your # is your #. Dropouts will NOT result in moving up on the list, no amount of money/friendship will result in anyone getting bumped either. I would call, verify your number, go to the auto show and enjoy!

First 10cars = June delivery
10-20 = July delivery
20-30 = August delivery
30-45 = September
45-60 = October
60-75 = November
75 - 90 = December
90- 105 = January
> 105 = Feb

The numbers are approx. based on what Chris tells me at the Auto Show. Basically, 10 or less cars a month until most of the summer is over, then 15-20 cars a month to LOA until they get all 105 by the end of the year.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
LOTUdaGround said:
Chris said your # is your #.
Read the fine print of your 'contract' with LOA. Mine says that I will get 'approximately' #24 at the dealer, blah blah blah... So apparently LOA has some wiggle room about which car you'll get.

But at the same time, they've been great to deal with and I don't feel like I'm getting yanked around.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
First 10cars = June delivery
10-20 = July delivery
20-30 = August delivery
From another thread, Lotus will bring 350 Elises for the first three months. So, Lotus of Atlanta is going to have almost 10% of all Elise sold in the US?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Remember,
They bought Spruell out so that means they get two sets of cars as they're actually two dealers.
Also LOA sold more Esprits last year by far than any other US dealer.

Chris

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactlly right! They have a 2 dealer allocation plus the most Esprits sold! Not to mention the proximity to Lotus USA base camp . . .

LOA so far is a great place to have a deposit. The reason you are approx the # you were promised is because some cars might show up in a particular color, option pack, before another -- they don't want someone to cry that they were #18 and LOA has already sold 19 cars! So I am #31, but might get my car before #26 or #37 might "sneak" ahead of me. This is no different then my waiting lists for the Rx8 and the H2. Since I have not 100% decided what options/colors to get, I might ask Chris what he thinks is the best way to go. For example, navigation killed you if you pre-ordered an rx8, and a sunroof killed you for H2 orders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts