The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove by Lotus of Austin on Hwy 183 Sunday afternoon and everything looked "normal." I was in that vicinity again today and the signs are down on one building, most of the (used car) inventory is gone, and a crew was preparing to pull down the remaining signage. Anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I drove by Lotus of Austin on Hwy 183 Sunday afternoon and everything looked "normal." I was in that vicinity again today and the signs are down on one building, most of the (used car) inventory is gone, and a crew was preparing to pull down the remaining signage. Anyone know what is going on?
That dealership never quite seemed to commit to being anything other than a mid/hi range used car store with one or two Loti hanging around out front.

I miss Autostrada.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
its an epidemic:panic::panic::panic::panic:rotfl:shrug:
No, its a step in the right direction. That is a joke of a dealership.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Who's next? :shrug:

·
Registered
475 Posts
There are some obvious changes in the works right now, but please don't let this discourage you. I will be here on the service end as well as in sales and Jeff will continue to be the tech, we have no plans of leaving. Unfortunately, this is all I can offer as of now. The service department is still open and will continue to be. We are still schedualing cars in for work and are operating at 100%. I will keep everyone informed as much as possible.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my opinion, a small, local dealer is certainly better than no Lotus dealership! I started this discussion out of curiosity, not to stir up concerns about a trend of dealer struggles. There are dozens (at least) of Lotus cars in the Austin/Central Texas area, so I know there's a market for the service--at least for warranty work--on existing cars, if not for sales on new cars. Hopefully, whatever changes are underway will keep the Lotus franchise intact.

·
Registered
35 Posts
are you guys at all tied in with Lotus of San Antonio? I have needed some work done on my Esprit and those guys here in SA are a joke, they have no idea and have had no idea why my CHECK ENGINE light keeps coming on and when they say they fixed it (4-5) separate times, it comes on 5 miles down the road. They went through changes in service recently and those guys took a class from the original service guys, ugggg! where can I get help, and I mean, good HONEST help without ripping my eyes out and replacing parts that don't fix the problem? ( i'm done with that kinda crap)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Other then being a Lotus franchise, we are not associated with the San Antonio dealership. I would be more then happy to schedual in a time for you to bring your Esprit by. Shoot me an email LELOPEZ210. Jeff works on Esprits quite often and is very familiar with their quirks. Scott you are correct about the need for work here in central Texas. I have at least 27 "regular" Lotus customers. The Franchise is staying intact, and i will continue to be here for any of your service or sales needs.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I experienced the same problems and its worse for me because I'm a spoiled expat from Michigan that had a dealer that would jump through hoops for me. I now take my car to Soulspeed in Austin as a result of the advice I received from others here. I couldn't be happier. These guys know what they are doing.

are you guys at all tied in with Lotus of San Antonio? I have needed some work done on my Esprit and those guys here in SA are a joke, they have no idea and have had no idea why my CHECK ENGINE light keeps coming on and when they say they fixed it (4-5) separate times, it comes on 5 miles down the road. They went through changes in service recently and those guys took a class from the original service guys, ugggg! where can I get help, and I mean, good HONEST help without ripping my eyes out and replacing parts that don't fix the problem? ( i'm done with that kinda crap)

·
Registered
475 Posts
The guys at soulspeed are actually very good friends of mine. I speak very highly of Jasper and Jensons work as I know they would of mine and Jeff's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
so maybe someone can tell me what might fix this problem since the guys in SA can't...
OKAY, so here's what I got. The code is P0447, CONTROL SYSTEM VEN-CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN-EVAP CANNISTER STUCK CAUSED BY CARBON BUILDUP. They replaced the cannister and after driving off, light came back on. They also replaced some vent/shut/valve non-stk and that didn't work either. They also replaced the gas cap with what they told me was a GM part. Light still came on...has any one had this problem and what fixed it?

P0447 "Vent Control Circuit Open"

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
so maybe someone can tell me what might fix this problem since the guys in SA can't...
OKAY, so here's what I got. The code is P0447, CONTROL SYSTEM VEN-CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN-EVAP CANNISTER STUCK CAUSED BY CARBON BUILDUP. They replaced the cannister and after driving off, light came back on. They also replaced some vent/shut/valve non-stk and that didn't work either. They also replaced the gas cap with what they told me was a GM part. Light still came on...has any one had this problem and what fixed it?

P0447 "Vent Control Circuit Open"
I'd start a new thread, most of the folks that might be able to help you won't be reading this one.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Fair enough. Go to the top banner, click "forums." When the browser takes you to the list of forums click the one that you think best suits your category. For example "Lotus Esprit" which is the sixth one from the top. Then click the "new thread" button near the upper left part of the page. Hope this helps. Btw, PM sent.

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cruised by today.. all signage gone except a 'For Sale/Lease' on the property. Some cars there, but no Lotus (Exige & Esprit as of last week)

Guess I'm too late to grab the Exige for a song.. ;)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts