The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
The owner had superman to run this dealership and he couldn't close an open door. He killed both of the owners lots , he remodeled instead of selling. He is a too weak for such a market. Austin is different market than the San Antonio people he sent to turn things around. The owner belived in the highest quality cars and had a gold mine in SA before this Chrysler- Dodge manager came. So the owner went back to wholeselling instead of dealing with .weak salespeople
:huh:

·
Registered
475 Posts
It wasn't weak sales people that caused the downfall! It was poor management and no advertising. We had a great endless supply of vehicles and hungry salesman, just an idiiot GM'ing the place who couldn't get with the Austin "mentality". That dealership was a goldmine waiting to happen had the right person been at the helm. Our GM "Tucker" at the downtown location should have never left. We sold more cars in the summer of 07 of Lamar then we did probably the entire year we were off 183!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
So its official, Lotus is back in Austin!!!! I have been in contact with the new dealership owner for the last couple of weeks and with Lotus. I was given word last night that paper work was approved and that Lotus Cars USA wants things to be up and running by mid-April! The dealership will be located of 183 close to Sail and Ski and will paired up with Bently and Aston Martin. I am very excited to be back and can't wait to see everyone soon. I will keep everyone posted as things roll out the next couple weeks, if you all have any questions please email me.

I look forward to hearing from everyone!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Sweet. Now I can get that Vantage I've been wanting without having to go to Houston. That said, is an Aston/Lotus/Bentley dealer really going to move enough product in Austin to be viable longterm?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Sweet. Now I can get that Vantage I've been wanting without having to go to Houston. That said, is an Aston/Lotus/Bentley dealer really going to move enough product in Austin to be viable longterm?
Like any other dealership selling those brands their bread and butter will be used high end cars.

We are all really hoping that they will run this well. From what I've heard so far it looks very promising.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Chad and I already feel like the maytag repair guy (pre-refrigerator recall), I am guessing this will pull some more business from Dallas too... I wasn't suprised to see Austin open back up with a dealer though. It is a pretty decent "hub area" for these cars in Tx. I think the new owners have a good enough track record with thier other dealers that this one might be around to stay for a while.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The new owner is a great guy. He has been quite successful with his other dealerships both here in state and out of state. Looks like he wants to be very pro-active in reaching out to the Lotus community here in this part of the state. Word is we will be hopefully hosting not only drives but track events as well as time goes by. I plan on personally getting ahold of everyone soon and giving you guys our new contact info and dealer info, as well as incoming inventory.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The new owner is a great guy. He has been quite successful with his other dealerships both here in state and out of state. Looks like he wants to be very pro-active in reaching out to the Lotus community here in this part of the state. Word is we will be hopefully hosting not only drives but track events as well as time goes by. I plan on personally getting ahold of everyone soon and giving you guys our new contact info and dealer info, as well as incoming inventory.
He'd be a great sponsor of the Lotus Challenge Series - Texas! Get him in touch with Jim Navarro - jim (at) lotuschallengeseries.com. :coolnana:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Finally, some "official" news on the Austin Lotus franchise. According to the Austin American-Statesman today, John Eagle European, a Dallas-based car dealership, will open an Aston Martin, Lotus, and Bentley dealership in Austin next month. It will have a 10,000 square foot showroom on Research Blvd. Doesn't seem like a great time to be opening a new dealership, but this will be great for Lotus owners. Too bad my warranty runs out on Monday!

61 - 74 of 74 Posts