The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay everyone, I just recieved word that we will have on site a Lotus Evora on Saturday June 20th! Lotus is sending 2 "test" Evoras cross country for testing and calibration and have agreed to stop by a few select dealers to show the cars. Keep in mind that the cars are "test" vehicles and will not be pristine "show cars". I am excited to have the opportunity to pre-show this amazing car to the public. I will keep all posted on times and what we have planned to display this amazing vehicle as the date gets closer. I invite all interested future Evora owners out to take a look and ofcourse any who want to drool over it!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can you confirm whether or not one will make it to Houston (Star Motor Cars) while in Texas?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Texas Schedules is
Friday, June 19th Overseas Motors (Dallas) 6pm-8pm
Saturday, June 20th Star Motors (Houston) 12 pm-2pm
Saturday June 20th Austin Lotus (Austin) 6pm-8pm

The information sent out to the dealers was that these vehicles will be crude and not the finished product. All times will be approximate due to traffic etc.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The Texas Schedules is
Friday, June 19th Overseas Motors (Dallas) 6pm-8pm
Saturday, June 20th Star Motors (Houston) 12 pm-2pm
Saturday June 20th Austin Lotus (Austin) 6pm-8pm

The information sent out to the dealers was that these vehicles will be crude and not the finished product. All times will be approximate due to traffic etc.
...i realise you're closed on sunday, but no showing in san antonio?..

·
Registered
365 Posts
I know where I'll be Friday, June 19th from 6pm-8pm then. :coolnana:

Thanks for posting the sched, JDSTUBB.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Charlie, any chance of seat time (even passenger seat)? Or is this just going to be a 'check it out' type of thing?

Either way I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What about Criswell in Gaithersburg, Maryland? I'd love to see how the Evora looks. Of course I still think Lotus should have brought the Europa to the US as well...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have to apoligize on the part of Lotus to our San Antonio customers for LOtus not giving us any consideration for brining the new Evora to San Antonio after all of the serivce and dedication we have had to them for the 10 plus years. It is a beautiful car and hope everyone can get a chance to see it somewhere in Texas.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Charlie, any chance of seat time (even passenger seat)? Or is this just going to be a 'check it out' type of thing?

Either way I'll be there.

Rich we are hoping to work something out to get some seat time in the car. I have talked with Bo up at H2R to see about using the track on Sunday morning, but as of right now we cant make any promises.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
For those of you who didn't get a chance to check out the Evora at LOG, definitely go see it. It's quite a striking car in person and looks much better than it even did in the pictures. I thought in the pics- OK nice car, but it really wouldn't appeal to me and they are going for a different market. After seeing in person it was more- Holy crap, I'd buy that thing. You could just as easily see a Ferrari badge on it as a Lotus badge. They have really payed attention to the detail, fit/finish, etc with this car.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Texas is always last on the guest list it would appear hombre!

okay everyone, I just recieved word that we will have on site a Lotus Evora on Saturday June 20th! Lotus is sending 2 "test" Evoras cross country for testing and calibration and have agreed to stop by a few select dealers to show the cars. Keep in mind that the cars are "test" vehicles and will not be pristine "show cars". I am excited to have the opportunity to pre-show this amazing car to the public. I will keep all posted on times and what we have planned to display this amazing vehicle as the date gets closer. I invite all interested future Evora owners out to take a look and ofcourse any who want to drool over it!!!
Please find a few hotter chicks to slink around the vehicle this time will you? :rolleyes:

:up:

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Believe the problem is Lotus not wanting dealers driving her!

Rich we are hoping to work something out to get some seat time in the car.

I have talked with Bo up at H2R to see about using the track on Sunday morning, but as of right now we cant make any promises.
If you can pull it of than great. Think the car would look good zooming about that kart track down in San Marcos. :D

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Just to clear the air about the Evora and its pit stops...

The sole purpose of Evora being here and at LOG29 was for testing and calibrations only. It just so happened to be the timing made perfect sense for a LOG viewing (there's was actually a good chance the Evora wouldn't have made it to LOG). The route the Evora is to take were planned in advanced as is the case when introducing a new model to the US. The technicians from the UK whom will be driving the 2 Evoras, never even planned to visit dealers however, Lotus Cars USA asked the factory if this would be possible and as long as it does not interfere with their schedule, Lotus UK agreed hence the 2-hour window to see the cars.

Lotus will do everything in its power to bring 2 more cars later this year so that each dealer has the opportunity to have their own viewing with their clientel. I hope this clears the air for some of the dealers wondering why they are not show casing the car. Thanks

Abe :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to clear the air about the Evora and its pit stops...

The sole purpose of Evora being here and at LOG29 was for testing and calibrations only. It just so happened to be the timing made perfect sense for a LOG viewing (there's was actually a good chance the Evora wouldn't have made it to LOG). The route the Evora is to take were planned in advanced as is the case when introducing a new model to the US. The technicians from the UK whom will be driving the 2 Evoras, never even planned to visit dealers however, Lotus Cars USA asked the factory if this would be possible and as long as it does not interfere with their schedule, Lotus UK agreed hence the 2-hour window to see the cars.

Lotus will do everything in its power to bring 2 more cars later this year so that each dealer has the opportunity to have their own viewing with their clientel. I hope this clears the air for some of the dealers wondering why they are not show casing the car. Thanks

Abe :)

Thanks for the clarification Abe. We are excited to see the car!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts