The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver's side inboard tail light on my Elise has three defective LED segments.

Trying to avoid a pointless 430 mile round trip, I contacted Lotus of Atlanta 3 weeks ago about just doing a cross-ship parts swap in lieu of an in-shop warranty repair. I followed up two weeks ago..."Oh, yeah, we'll look into that for you."

After waiting another week and hearing about Lotus of Greenville opening up, I called the new guys and spoke with their service manager Jeff Kirkland.

In only 3 hours (including a follow up call to check my car's VIN to make sure there were no outstanding service bulletins repairs that needed to be performed) he had secured permission from Lotus USA to allow me to just make the parts swap!

This is very encouraging. :thumbsup:

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow up: I received my new tail light a week after shipping the defective unit.

Very good service, they were patient with my incessant follow up calls.

Two thumbs up. :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
That's good to hear. I am going to drop my car off there today to have them look at a couple issues before my warranty expires.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I usually try to avoid flaming businesses on a public forum, but I think that my experience at Lotus of Greenville is worth sharing. I would say don't waste your time if it's roughly the same distance for you to go to Durham. I brought my car in about a month ago to get a few warranty issues addressed before my warranty expires. The issues I had them look at were the stiff shifting from 2-3 when cold, the recirculate button not working (or so I thought - I now believe this is a case of them all doing that) and the liner from my soft top having separated from the rest of the top. They were able to fix the stiff shifting by a tranny fluid replacement, but there were some delays related to the soft top repair because they had to order parts. I am not sure what parts could possibly be required to repair the soft top other than some glue since it all snaps together, but I played along. When I picked my car up a week and a half later, I found that it had been driven some 50 miles since I dropped it off. I drove it home and put it in the garage, never even thinking to look at the soft top. About a week after that, I opened my trunk to find that the soft top had never been touched! This really shows me that Lotus of Greenville is not ready for prime time. They should probably stick to being a motorcycle dealer. In short, I am glad my warranty is over so I will never have to visit a dealer again. In the unlikely event that I do visit a dealer, I will definitely go to Durham even though it's a longer drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts