The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THE LOTUS UNDERGROUND HAS A REAL HOME!!!! I HAVE PASSED IT ON TO CAPABLE HANDS PLEASE READ DOWN THE THREAD FOR FURTHER INFO

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
:up: Sherman

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I would like to inform everyone of Sherman's commitment to the Lotus community and in ensuring that every Lotus owner in the area WILL have somewhere to go for their Lotus work, INCLUDING warranty work.

Sherman took over as the HRM service manager in March and his tremendous efforts have yielded a complete turn-around of HRM service as a whole. Unfortunately, it was too little, too late to help HRM pull through.

I have no vested interest in this operation other than from my passion for the local and national Lotus community and for the revival of Lotus of Greenwich.

EDIT: I was mistaken. Sherman cannot do warranty work because he is not an authorized Lotus service center. For warranty work, an authorized Lotus service center can help you only. He can help with aftermarket warranties.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

please pm me or visit the email or myspace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Sherman and I never had the opportunity to work together at HRM officially but he is an awesome asset and is striking out to do what he can t support the regional community during this difficult period. I truly appreciate his dedication to the owner base and hope that his efforts will continue to reinforce the ownership experience for Lotus of Greenwich's orphaned owners until a new franchise is established.

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lotus service shop open in Port Chester NY

Hey everyone, sorry if i havn't been in touch or replied to some of your messages! it has been very crazy and depressing:( I have been searching for a "real job" and finally landed one! well, I will be moving again, no longer working for Lotus:( (gotta pay the bills and have a roof over my head right!) however I wanted you all to know about the underground and what has become. My two technicians Carlos and Jorge have been unemployed since the closing of lotus. Jorge's brother Eric, (also an employee at HRM part time and Master tech full time (for a german automaker) has his own shop open for business in Port Chester NY. it is 3 blocks from the former service center of Lotus of Greenwich/ HRM. He is open daily M-F and I believe special appointments can be made for Saturday as well! they have a full service shop, lift, all equipment A/C machine, everything!! all special pricing will continue for BWR supercharger installs etc! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL EVERYONE!!! A SHOP TO GO TO FOR LOTUS WITH FACTORY TRAINED TECHS. THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO ANY AND ALL REPAIRS AND UPGRADES! TRACK PREP, TECH INSPECTIONS ETC! just no Warranty:no: as they are not an official lotus dealer! just a few very well trained capable gentlemen that are now open and ready to go!!!!!!!:clap: please feel free to call Eric or Jorge at 914-473-5914 OR EMAIL THEM AT [email protected] as of tomorrow I will be giving them the password and ownership of that yahoo email address!! Please if anyone wishes to contact me personally you can email me at [email protected] please no lotus service inqueries or questions to my personal email as i prob will not have time in the upcoming weeks to research and or get you answers you might be looking for! use the lotusunderground for that, Jorge, Eric and Carlos are prepared to take care of everyone! as far as a lotus dealer in Greenwich CT. I hear it might be awhile, possibly by next year? but for now call these guys, you wont be disappointed! Eric is very professional and I know a few of you have already gone there for some things!!
Peace everyone, don't worry I'll still be lurking!:popcorn:
and you all wouldn't believe the journey i have ahead of me;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Sherman -- thanks for keeping the service thread alive. I was a bit disappointed when I tried calling HRM for a service appointment, and just got a telephone company message that the phone line had been disconnected, but at least you had prepared me by telling me what was happening. HRM is going to lose a lot of business even if/when they open their doors again, just because they aren't communicating.

On the plus side, your recommendation to visit Eric and Jorge was spot on! I got my Elise it's 5K service, they fixed a burned out headlamp, sorted out my soft-top, and spotted some minor damage that they can fix as soon as the part comes in. They also said they can fit me an extra aux-power socket under the dash/tray, so that my US-sized power plugs will actually stay plugged in (I never knew that there was a slight size difference between Europe and the US, the European socket being slightly larger).

They also were extremely friendly, helpful, knowledgable, and respectful, so I can fully recommend Eric and Jorge to anyone looking to get any work done on their Lotus.

Thanks again Sherman, and I hope you are doing well wherever you landed!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:up::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::cool:
I miss Lotus. hope all is well with all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts