The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
that vagueness is what i'm afraid of also. i haven't been told either what number i am. in fact, i called in december to place the order, but when i talked with christine during the show she told me that i gave her my info just before the show. i don't know how that's possible or what it means but i'm getting impatient with them. i was thinking of taking my deposit to smith lotus in san luis obispo. i talked to the owner, ian smith, at the show also, and he was very cool and they were at 50. the only problem is that they are so far away from where i live. i would go to silver star in thousand oaks but i heard there list was past 90, no way am i putting a deposit there.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
This sounds very much like the situation at Symbolic Motors. Whenever I have tried to confirm my place on the waiting list, I've been told "top 20". Recently, I tried to get the exact number again. But I was told that Symbolic had combined the La Jolla and Beverly Hills lists, then separated them again, and they couldn't tell me exactly where I stood.

Come on!! It isn't exactly rocket science to keep track of a list. Sounds like game playing to me.

I'm sure Lotus prefers to stay out of all this and let the dealers do what they will because it's much simpler than getting involved. It's frustrating, because Lotus could control the dealers by making their allocations dependent on treating their customers fairly.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts