The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you Tampa and Orlando area owners that are looking for a place to have your Lotus serviced, I just wanted to put in a little note about my experience with Lotus of Orlando. Specifically with Derek the Service manager and with Craig the Lotus Tech (the main Lotus tech they have).

These guys have been extremely helpful, professional and clearly exhibit a strong level of knowledge when it comes to Lotus. Craig won first place for a national award for Lotus and Aston Martin service after finishing in second palce the year prior.

Derek is extremely responsive to emails, I have yet to send him an email and not get a response within 90 minutes. He has ordered and sent me parts to Tampa and kept me apprised as to status and shipping dates. In addition he was able to schedule me last minute for service today after talking with him on Monday and Tuesday about the issues I was having with my Elise.

I recently replaced my battery as it sat dead for a week or so, I was out of town, the battery was hooked up to a tender, but the cell went bad and the batter was no longer holding a charge. I took the car to another Lotus dealership, the scanned the car for the fault code, and I was told that the ECU was no longer recognizing the VIN and that was the reason my check engine light came on after changing the battery. They told me the ECU would need to be re-flashed and that it could leave the car for dead and I would need a new ECU. So I called Lotus of Orlado and spoke to Derek, he said it was common and they would just re-flash it in 30 minutes. I get there today and the tech, Craig, looks at the car, says the ECU is curret and all he needs to do is reprogram the VIN. He had the car for literally 5 minutes. VIN programmed, car hand washed, and I was on my way.

Shop was clean and organized and like I said, I was treated like I pulled up in a Vanquish not an Elise.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I have had the exact same experience. Professional guys and incredibly responsive. So glad they are nearby. :up:

·
hello
284 Posts
Don't mean to derail this thread much, but you were told it is common the elise ecu would not recognize the vin after the battery died? I am asking because I unhook my battery when traveling for over a week and as far as the car is concerned dead or unhooked battery should be the same thing. Never heard of ecu issues like that after unhooking the battery. Did they tell you why it happened?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had the same experience with them when they did my oil line recall and some service work. I am a happy customer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't mean to derail this thread much, but you were told it is common the elise ecu would not recognize the vin after the battery died? I am asking because I unhook my battery when traveling for over a week and as far as the car is concerned dead or unhooked battery should be the same thing. Never heard of ecu issues like that after unhooking the battery. Did they tell you why it happened?

No - I was gone for a week - 10 days and the car probably sat for 5-6 days prior to that. so all in all a little over 2 weeks between the time it was started, so i'm not sure how long the battery was useless. With that said, they did not indicate that this was always the case, just that they were not surprised and had seen it multiple times before for the same reason.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I bought my Exige from them and won't go anywhere else for service. Not only is the service department great (agree with the OP), but the buying experience was just as good!! Recommended!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I can second all of the above. The whole crew at Jaguar / Aston / Lotus of Orlando are top notch. Especially Derek and Craig.

I go there for my regular track inspections, and what I appreciate most is that they understand and appreciate how I use my car (toy). We're pretty much to the point now where Derek knows to book another appointment about two months out any time I am there, and Craig can tell me based on prior usage how many days I have left in my tires and brakes pads.

Just wait till the service department expansion is finished and they can actually move in that shop without jockeying half a dozen cars around!

Great team. Highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
You know, I just realized we have enough locals posting in this thread to put together a halfway decent drive....

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
check the FL section..there is already a good sized Tampa group willing to move around. Facebook group as well for the same. "Lotus Owners of Tampa"

·
Registered
55 Posts
Check out the Facebook group for the "Lotus Owners of Orlando", it started by one of the Tampa members who lives in the Orlando area. Hopefully the Tampa and Orlando group can have some joint meets someday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts