The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the service department at Lotus of Pittsburgh at their new location?

·
Registered
233 Posts
called for prices, that's about it...I haven't heard anything bad about them. I'm not sure if they've taken the mechanics from Ascot, though.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i had a shunt with a dog, (hit and run dog), wright did a good job of replacing the front clam. paint did a good match, as far as i was concerned.
treated me good.
the damn dog ran away.
sam

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. Body shop and clam repair sounds good. I was hoping someone would have experience using their mechanical maintenance services. My Elise is above 30K miles and I would like to both have the oil line recall evaluated and fixed as necessary, and while it is there have a few other routine maintenance things taken care of. Does anyone know if any of the mechanics from Ascot are still with Lotus of Pittsburgh?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I went in just under a year ago and the mechanic I met was not from Ascot. From memory they were delayed in starting to service cars as they had to get their techs trained by Lotus which suggests non-Ascot.

They did some checking on my car and came up with teh correct diagnosis, faulty switch pack, but then I never heard from them again in terms of fixing it so I did it myself. I have heard their servicing is pricey though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts