The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus of Portland (under the leadership of its parent company, Motocorsa) will be holding its second track event at PIR on Monday, 6 October.

For information go to Motocorsa - Track Days. To register, call Motocorsa at (503) 292-7488.

I run the instruction program for these events. Eddie Nakato of Adrenaline Racing handles the tech line. Dave Levy of Cedar Ridge Fabrication coordinates instructor-student pairings.

Hope to see some of you out there.

Best,
Twin

·
Registered
56 Posts
I heard they were including bike as well with us? Any confirmation yet?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not gotten confirmation, either way, but you can rest assured that doing so will not impact your track time. The only ramification would be that we would run without the chicane, as the bike's cannot make such a tight set of turns, and it's not logistically practical to move cones around between sessions. So, while it would be fun to have the bikes there, it won't impact your track day at all, save the chance to test your manhood in the braking zone for Turn 4... :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mr. Twin, what will the instructor situation be? I've driven at PIR once before, but I'd like some guidance getting around the track.

Also, is this event open to non-Motocorsa customers? I got my car from them, but my friend didn't.

Thanks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kbob. Everyone running in the Novice group must have an instructor. If you have considerable track time at tracks other than PIR -- and just need a coach to give you a check-out ride -- we can arrange that, as well, but we'll likely have you start in the Novice Group and then "graduate" you to the Intermediate Group once you've found your way around the track and your instructor is comfortable with your driving solo. The event is open to anyone, regardless of where they bought their car, including owners of other marques. No worries. Just sign up and come on out.

Twin

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP. We're now 2 1/2 weeks out, and the event still promises to be relatively lightly attended.

CB

·
Registered
341 Posts
A bunch of Californians will be in Canyonville the day before (WCLM is there) and it's only another 200 miles up to Portland...
I'll be at both events.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I called Motocorsa yesterday and signed up :shift:

Any word on the Motorcycles?

Would they add another run group for them and therefore cut our track time down?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mr. C. place your trust in the force (and stop pestering me!). I addressed this in an earlier post: regardless of the issue of bikes, you won't lose any track time. Now relax. :)

Anyone's welcome to come out and watch, provided you sign both the track and Motocorsa waivers. No ride-alongs, however, unless you're a paid participant and with instructors only.

Twin

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'll be there.

Now if anyone wants to help me trailer a second set of wheels, we can do a side-by-side comparison of R888s (w/ ~2500 miles) versus A048s (with ~400 miles).

-Brad

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Are noobs welcome just to watch?

You're the one pictured in your avatar, right?
Of course you can watch, and afterwards we can go to my place and I'll tell you everything you want to know about the Lotus rotfl

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
News flash:

Registration for this event has been unusually light. I spoke with the Motocorsa folks this evening, and we have agreed to include motorcycles in the event. In order to do that, we are closing the event to novices and will run a combined intermediate/advanced group limited to a total of 20 cars. Any novices already registered will be given a credit for their fee and (for the inconvenience) given a free pass for another event next season. Note that this is my understanding of the deal. For details (and "firm" information), pls. contact Motocorsa directly.

The good news for you intermediate and advanced drivers is that we are adding only 2 motorcycle groups, which means (when you do the math) you'll get in more total track time across the day than you would have with a traditional four-group structure. We will also not be running the chicane, which is a neat twist for those of you who've not had the chance before to drive, full throttle, into the braking zone for Turn 4.

See, Mr. C., your trust in the Force was justified... ;)

Twin

·
Registered
643 Posts
I heard from MotoCorsa yesterday. What Evil Twin says is right. They're running a single car group that is a combined A/B group and two motorcycle groups. As of yesterday, there were only 13 people in the car group. It should be a pretty open track, save one GG Exige who is going to try not to be a moving road block. ;)

-Brad

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't worry, Brad. When you see me overtaking you coming out of T12, you need only wait until T1 to pass me again when I go extra, extra "hot" into T1... :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Don't worry, Brad. When you see me overtaking you coming out of T12, you need only wait until T1 to pass me again when I go extra, extra "hot" into T1... :)
I'll be sure to have the camera rolling this time. Don't want to miss the fireworks twice.

-Brad

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Looks like the weather is supposed to be somewhat stable on Monday.
Should be a good day, especially with only three groups.
Thank you force... fly2.gif

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'm not tracking but I'll bring the Blue out during lunch to watch ya guys.

·
Registered
288 Posts
How was it guy's?

I have missed all forms of racing this year......I'm gonna go crazy this winter!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts