What: All Lotus Track Day
When: Saturday, September 27, 2008
Where: Harris Hill Road, San Marcos, Texas
Why: Enjoy your Lotus within a safe and legal setting

Cost: $200.00 per car, $100 per second driver
Time: Gates open @ 7:00AM

Space is LIMITED.

Please RSVP ASAP:

Call Joe Stubblefield with Lotus of San Antonio @ 210-828-0077.

For details, accommodation, and track information, please visit the Alamo City British Car Club at:

http://www.ACBCclub.com

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Registered. I'll bring the tent. You guys bring your chairs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you all for your support of this event. Entries have been coming in, and I am looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone! Please feel free to call with any questions you may have.

Joe Stubblefield
Lotus of San Antonio
210-828-0077

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Here is a video for you guys who dont know what the track is like...

<embed id="VideoPlayback" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2065577658871270533&hl=en&fs=true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the video,

I also have few more on the event' site: Click here.

Here is a video for you guys who dont know what the track is like...

<embed id="VideoPlayback" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2065577658871270533&hl=en&fs=true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

·
Registered
834 Posts
Just a bump to promote interest in this event. I picked up my car yesterday from Lotus of San Antonio and Joe said they still have plenty of slots left, although he hopes it will reach capacity. Proceeds will help provide seed money for the San Antonio club, which will hopefully sponsor other events in the future. It really is a fun track and will be a good chance to compare car setups and times with fellow Elise/Exige drivers. I'll bring tire changing tools/jacks and some spare wheels/tires in case anyone has a mishap. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Unsolicited plug..

I'm really bummed that I can't make this event because of a prior commitment.:(

This is such a fun track for our cars. There are two may be three spots on the track where 100 mph speeds are possible when going CCW. Between Chili's and my videos you'll see them. IMHO, with practice and good skills there is a sub-1:30 out there.

Trust me, if you own a Lotus in Texas and you live within dirving range of this track, you should try to make this event. Even if you don't "do track days" you owe it to yourself and to your car to drive this course. Besides it's way safer than driving the back roads of the Hill Country. No cows, no bicycles, no state troopers to worry about...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ill probably end up signing up for this one and then doing the group by day on the 28th... :) Figure Ill make a weekend out of the deal.

·
Registered
159 Posts
see you there

·
Registered
407 Posts
Barry - that was a great video you posted! Looks like you were flying! :shift:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Barry - that was a great video you posted! Looks like you were flying! :shift:
I was doing pretty good, but RichS was like 2.5 seconds a lap faster and he is in a N/A Exige.. :( I still have a lot of room for improvement.. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Giveaways' for the track event.

To date, we have an official Lotus car cover, various "goodies" from Sector 111, a free service for a Lotus ( oil change, tune up, belts spark plugs etc,) and much more down the pipeline but waiting for confirmation. Also, I have plenty of water donated from a local business and food provided by Sysco food services of San Antonio.
Please if you are interested in signing up for the event, please do it as soon as possible as space is limited.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact myself or Joe.
Also, you can log on to Alamo City British Car Club for more details.

Gonzaba Autoplex
Lotus San Antonio

1 - 20 of 108 Posts