The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Finally got my recall done. My left oil cooler was "frozen" to the tube so they put in a new one.

NOTE: Their scan tool was not working today and thus could not accomplish the ECU-VIN recall. I'm going to be in Bellevue next week and am going to call them to see if it is fixed.

Oh and they washed the car too, nice, but they used a sprayer to rinse and thus got water in the car so, don't forget to bring a towel. (My soft top does not seal on the window well, typical)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks for the update! i should be getting mine done in the summer. Wanna get some stuff done while they are down there.

·
Less is Better
2,510 Posts
Well, two new oil coolers later and my recall is done. They have the OBD2 tool working again. My idle actually seems a little more stable too.

Interestingly, they estimate about 200 Elises are within the service region of PP and about 40 have been done so far.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Just got mine done this week along with my factory maintenance and front rotors replaced. I didn't even bring my letter in, they just asked "Did you get a letter?" I said yep and away they went. Took them a day to do everything. I wonder whats up with the seized cooler fittings. They replaced my left cooler as well with the recall. Love dealing with these guys and they wash the car as well. No VIN update for me due to SC tune.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just moved up and had Park Place perform the recall. They have an agreement with Enterprise and paid for the one day rental with Enterprise. My recall took 1 business day to fix. One of the oil cooler fittings were frozen. I think the hose fitting is steel and the oil cooler/oil cooler nipple is aluminum. If thats true, mating two different metal types will result in seizing. They were friendly and provided a free oil change so that was nice. Free car wash and vacuum interior. Nice.

·
Less is Better
2,510 Posts
I just moved up and had Park Place perform the recall. They have an agreement with Enterprise and paid for the one day rental with Enterprise. My recall took 1 business day to fix. One of the oil cooler fittings were frozen. I think the hose fitting is steel and the oil cooler/oil cooler nipple is aluminum. If thats true, mating two different metal types will result in seizing. They were friendly and provided a free oil change so that was nice. Free car wash and vacuum interior. Nice.
What? I specifically asked and they told me they didn't provide a rental car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
What? is right! I didn't get a free rental or a free oil change. I'm glad you were able to get that but it would of been nice if they gave it to all.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I did my recall a month ago. All I got was the free opportunity to walk around the area in absolute boredom for 8 hours and a bill for the oil change I asked for since I was there anyways.

Glad they treated you so well, are you a super attractive female?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I didn't get e rental, didn't bother to ask because I was picked up and dropped off. But they did a partially-free oil charge for me too. It was part of my 52k service so they deducted that from it. The reason why is that Lotus covers it when you are replacing the lines and the loss of oil that comes with the job. At least that's what PPL told me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I know the service guys real well there good folk, great dealer...

Now if sales would stop trying to get me to trade my lotus in, that would make me happy. If they wont it so bad, buy it from me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Am I a super attractive female? lol. I'm a male.
Come to think about it, I think they did charge me for the oil change because out the door cost was about $100.
As for the car rental. Yes, they provided a 1 day car rental with Enterprise. I had a Hyundai Sonata (turbo 2.0L) as the rental. Somebody from Enterprise drives to PPL to pick you up and drive you to Enterprise. You fill out the paperwork and they hand the keys over. They do charge you the rental but you are then reimbursed upon returning the vehicle to Enterprise. Drop the car back off at Enterprise and PPL comes to pick you up from Enterprise. Hope this helps.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts