The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A while back this show followed the MDR group around filming

The Legendary Lotus: High Performance Meets Canyon Roads - Whipnotic

This might be airing on KNBC ch 4 Los Angeles this weekend, but I am not sure, trying to find out on their website

I am the 2nd car to pass the camera at 00:09 ardent red no top and you can see me a few times in the parking lot scene in a bright yellow & green lotus tshirt leaning against my car at 1:06 & 1:12 , I was too chicken to talk on camera and avoided them :) Hopefully more footage on the actual tv show, they should have caught some great stuff

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The local TV show version of Whipnotic is on in the LA area, KNBC CH4 at 5PM this Saturday, If the Lotus segment is on could somebody please tivo or such and post the bit here ? :D

I think the segment would run about 5 mintues

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Notoriously.... well, if banned counts!
As has been said before, you don't have to agree or like him, but his contributions are very clear for our aftermarket community. Whatever can be said he is extremely passionate about our cars and what they represent to the driver.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Well said Kaz, I wouldn't have that puffer on my Elise if it weren't for Frankie Boy and in the video, He was so well behaved or maybe they did a voice over and alot of editing :)
Really was a cool clip!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
WTF?, That cant be Frank. That guy seemed like an alright guy??? By what everyone here says you would think he is the antichrist was it a stand-in or body double? lol
Amazing how different people come across on forums, I am an a-hole in real life. lol

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Cool! Is everyone in that video a LT member?
Yeah I think it is safe to say everybody there that day is an LT member, it was pretty much pulled together by Serebo1 - stealth black Elise
Here is the original post

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f106/sunday-tv-show-whipnotic-wants-feature-los-angeles-lotus-group-55033/

Please anybody who can , record/post the KNBC show today at 5 and post? The show is on for sure but they don't say if it is the Lotus segment this week. If it is not, the show seems to be on every other Saturday.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
WTF?, That cant be Frank. That guy seemed like an alright guy??? By what everyone here says you would think he is the antichrist was it a stand-in or body double? lol
I have only met him twice ,once at the South Bay farewell party, and then this drive. He was nice to me in person each time , but his online style does seem to be abrasive and rowdy. The show seems to kind of focus on customized cars and car cultures so in that light, I think his car was perfect for the interview and ride along. Plus he was not nervous on camera and it is one bad ass car to represent us on TV !

Funniest thing that day was when I was waiting for the next run up on Stunt road overlook. Frank zips up and drops off the cameraman who went for a ride along with him. Poor guy was pale, sweaty and shaking looked ready to puke haha.

Also it looks like they chose to use the slower - tamer footage of the driving, they made a point of not wanting to appear to be breaking any laws or have us speeding for the show......

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was on yesterday's TV show at 5PM, unchanged from the clip online.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Embedded clip

<object width="384" height="294"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.whipnotic.com/evideo/724"> </param> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/> </param> <embed src="http://www.whipnotic.com/evideo/724" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="294"> </embed> </object>

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
I think part of what people didn't like was the street racing, whether that's racing other people or just by yourself on public roads.

I think the responsible sentiment is "take it to the track where it belongs"

But whatever I don't live there.

Amazing how different people come across on forums, I am an a-hole in real life. lol

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I think part of what people didn't like was the street racing, whether that's racing other people or just by yourself on public roads.

I think the responsible sentiment is "take it to the track where it belongs"

But whatever I don't live there.
What the hell are you talking about? Where is there any "Street Racing" in any of the videos??? From where I am sitting you should be taking your own advice to "take it to the track where it belongs" and not post videos of yourself endangering other motorists!

Exige Tunnel - Video Posted on Streetfire by Mpsalm

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=6b2c464d-faae-43ab-b94d-9a9900320e9a" width="428" height="352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Exige-Tunnel_160904.htm">Exige Tunnel</a>

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Going fast in a straight line where no one is allowed to change lanes and flying around blind curves are 2 different things entirely. Nice try though.

Also last time I checked, bicycles weren't allowed in the tunnel either.

And I'm obviously not talking about street racing in that video, I'm referring to Ronin's past videos he's been criticized for. Who's got +1k posts here?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Yeah..... our roads in Michigan are just like that..........umm...the straight parts......oh and the canyons..... they're built right INTO the roads....rotfl

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Nope

Going fast in a straight line where no one is allowed to change lanes and flying around blind curves are 2 different things entirely. Nice try though.
I like your tunnel video, but you did endanger those 2 cars, and the tunnel.
Any accident in a tunnel is going to be 100x worse than in the canyon. And your going to have to pay for tunnel repairs too. Mega money $$$.

How about you do your tunnel run at 3am when its empty.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts