Votes: 13 9.3%
  • No, Absolutely NOT

Votes: 48 34.3%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(not sure if this was done before, if so feel free to delete)

OK, i think potential owners and maybe some current owners would like to know if we can function in normal day to day activities with our Lotus being our only car with in your particular lifestyle?

work
groceries
shopping
leisure
dating
hobbies
etc

let us know why and how as well

:popcorn:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Translation: ? driver daily a as Exige / Elise the is How

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
can fit 1 girl(good for getting rid of any potential interference :p) and my diving fins/mask would fit in the trunk
when I go shopping even at costco I never buy more than one could fit in the passenger footwell:shrug:

if my current daily didnt get way better mileage I would ditch it when my exige gets here

·
Registered
81 Posts
As soon as I sell my Nissan Titan it will be my only vehicle - I bought it with that intention and have been using it that way the last couple of months.

If you can't do it in a Lotus, do you really want to do it?

I guess the exception is motorcycle track days, but I throw my stuff in someone else's trailer or I borrow a truck.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
My Lotus is my DD, but I cannot live without my SUV and other cars...

Lotus is surprisingly comfortable and practical (once you get used to it), but I don't think it makes sense to have it as the only car. It has very limited space (both for passengers and storage), and plus I don't valet my Lotus, so if I go somewhere I know I have to valet, I take my other cars.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I wouldn't wanna use it every day. It'd take the fun out of it. But I COULD use it every day.
See I saw just the opposite... Such as today. I didnt get to drive the lotus. I have it in the barn waiting to take it to Autoeurope tomorrow due to a small oil leak. I felt empty inside.

I use my exige as a daily driver. I DO have a murano but I rarely use it! Even if its slightly raining ill take the exige for close trips... ONLY if the weather is HORRIBLE or well... once it turns Fall / Winter then I wouldn't use the exige. Other than that... It keeps me from getting a huge grocery bill! :clap:

Ive used it for a week long trip once so far! Fit all my stuff + my GF's stuff np! It was packed to the max ;) but it fit it all! I'll be leaving for a week long dragon trip Tuesday night! I've put on nearly 4000 miles within something like two months of owning it.

I love it as my daily and every day car! Its perfect to me!

Not including 1 autocross and 1 track event so far! :nanner2:

·
Registered
261 Posts
For a while the Elise was my only car. It is still my DD but I have purchased other cars for long trips and when it snows. Driving the Elise in the snow with AO48s..... NOT FUN!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I had a Europa that was the only car between my wife and I. We then had a kid and it still remained our only car for another year plus. Does that count?

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine was supposed to be just a weekend car but has turned into my dd. I still keep my SUV for lugging around my bike or beach stuff. It also comes in really handy when the Elise is in the shop (calabasas lambo/lotus is really slow)

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
can fit 1 girl(good for getting rid of any potential interference :p) and my diving fins/mask would fit in the trunk
when I go shopping even at costco I never buy more than one could fit in the passenger footwell:shrug:

if my current daily didnt get way better mileage I would ditch it when my exige gets here

I'm thinking about it. I'm hoping to get a job on Maui. When I interviewed for the job, they were considering it a telecommute job. My inside sources now tell me upper management is balking about the telecommute arrangement... so I may "have" to move to Maui if I want the job.

I've got a lot to think about...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ten reasons why I don't drive my Elise every single day...

10) I have to pick up one of my kids from school.
9) I am going anywhere with the entire family.
8) I have to drive (and therefore) park in the city. No way is this car seeing a parking garage, or a public lot, or a valet.
7) It's raining.
6) It's snowing.
5) I need more groceries than a quart of milk.
4) I'm going biking.
3) I need to pick up gas for the mower.
2) I need to pick up clients at the airport unless they have zero luggage and are travelling solo.

and the #1 reason the Elise is not my only car....
1) I need some way to get to the auto parts store for parts / tools I've forgotten halfway through a project and the Elise is torn apart.

I really wish I was young enough and lived somewhere with nice enough weather for this to even be a consideration.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good so far, keep em comming

i guess one thing to consider if the Lotus would be your only car is weather, being in CA i guess some of us take that aspect for granted

and Kids

me personally, i can probably live with it with a few minor changes to my lifestyle

Kiyoshi, yes the europa and your situation does count

as i am typing this YES and NO are both equal :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
When we go on vacation (kennel) or to the vet we have 5 dogs to haul around. We just bought a 2008 Jeep Patriot to handle this job. We have a Miata and the Exige to do the day to day little stuff in. That's 80% of our driving. I even got a BOSE 3-2-1 in the Exige a few weeks ago. I did have to unpack it and fold up the box, but it ALL fit! A guy in a yellow Z06 stopped and talked to me as I loaded it in the car at Best Buy.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
The Elise is my daily and only car.

But my wife has a Landrover so when its family time the Elise sits at home :(

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Elise is my daily and only car.

But my wife has a Landrover so when its family time the Elise sits at home :(
lol i can say the same thing since my GF has a lexus that can take care of the big car duties

im saying if it was your ONLY car...no wifey no gf car, just your only car and you had to use it for everything

can you guys/gals live with it?!?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I own the Exige and a G35 coupe. Since I bought the Lotus in March I have used the G35 a total of 3 times. So in my case I can get by just fine with the Exige as my only car.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts