The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HEY!!!
It's a BEAUTIFUL SUMMER DAY!!
IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN OUR AWESOME DRIVE!!!
Saturday, April 12th, 2008: Ojai Drive, Lunch, Ojai Olive Oil Tour and HWY 33 home!

HERE'S THE PLAN OF THE DAY!!!!

10:30 AM: Meet at SilverStar Thousand Oaks Lotus Dealer (those who want earlier breakfast, the "Corner Bakery" is around the "corner")
10:44 AM: Leave Lotus Dealer, driving 101 FWY to 23 FWY north. Take Los Angeles Ave exit thru Moorpark to 23, Grimes Canyon to Fillmore. 126 to Santa Paula and take 150 to Ojai (BOCCALI's ITALIAN RESTAURANT)
12:21 PM: Eat lunch!
1:42 PM: Leave Boccali's 150 to 1325 Carne Rd That's where the Ojai Olive Oil Tour begins
1:50 PM: Arrive at Ojai Olive Oil Tour (OOOT)
3:38 PM: Depart OOOT, follow 150 t0 33 highways

I will follow 33 Hwy to Lockwood Valley Road, arriving the 5 Freeway in Frazier Park.
After that, you're on your own!

You are welcome to leave the group any time you want, but PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
I will be using radio contact via FRS. Channel 1.1!
I need a headcount for Boccali's Restaurant AND Ojai Olive Oil Tour!

REMEMBER, THIS IS A PASSENGER FRIENDLY DRIVE!!!!
There will be areas where we'll be driving spiritly, BUT THIS IS NOT A PLACE OR TIME TO TEST YOUR NEW SUSPENSION OR YOUR SUPERCHARGER!!! MANY OF US HAVE A PASSENGER (spouse, friend etc) so we will make them comfortable. You're welcome to drive at your own pace in front of us, and you can arrive early and save tables for us! Thanks!

Ojai Road Trip April 12th:
1. Hal & Terry '05 SY Elise
2. Del & Christine '05 AR Elise
3. Lance & Jenn '0? Elise?
4. NomisR '06 Elise Sport
5. Marco '05 CO Elise
6. Bruce '06 LB Elise
7. Randy (Pestodude) '07 PB Exige S
8. YOU and your LOTUS should be here!:wave:

Lotus Open House at SilverStar T.O. Lotus Dealership April 19th:
1. Hal & Terry '05 SY Elise
2. Ara '07 GG Exige S
3. Del & Christine '05 AR Elise
4. Zen Dude '07 KG Elise
5. You and your Lotus should be here TOO!

Are you "in"??

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I can't make it. I'm taking the EIT on the 12th. Otherwise I would go for sure. Honestly I haven't studied much, I've already paid...i wonder if I can get my money back...

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Yep we are in and I will have the hard top off ! :up:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time to sign up!

This is going to be FUN!
So far there are only three Elises in the group. Any more participation?
--Hal

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Is the plan to eat at that good Italian place again? Perfect parking last time !

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Hal, what's the afternoon schedule look like? I have to be somewhere at around 4pm. ...but I'll at least show up in Thousand Oaks for the morning bit.

- z

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll have lunch at approx 1:30pm in Ojai. Then people can follow us to the Ojai Olive Grove, or drive back home. After the Ojai Olive tour, the late afternoon drive maybe the spectacular 33! So you can plan your day, leave the group early, or spend the entire day with us!:D
:shift:

--Hal

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im probably in <Lance & Jenn>, need to make sure the schedule is open but it sounds like a blast. Can i have more info about the olive place?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TWO Saturdays:April 12th AND April 19th!

The trip has separated into TWO distinct events, a week apart. See the FIRST POST for the important CHANGES! --Hal

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Here it is! Our "tour" will be after hours: 2:30 PM, Saturday April 12th!

http://current.ojaioliveoil.com/
If you have never done an olive oil tasting it is pretty interesting actually. I have been to 2 and it is amazing how deep and complex the tastes and smells can be depending on how they are made. If are into cooking or even just eating you won't be disappointed

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hal,
Sounds like fun, count me in, unless I am too depressed from have to cough up more money to pay the AMT to Uncle SAM.

What time are you planning on leaving, and what route are you going to take, in case I a, running late.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
put me down for the 19th for now. but I wish it were Ojai. :wallbang:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TWO (2) DISTINCT APRIL EVENTS!

Get more fun out of your Lotus ownership!
Join us on April 12th for the Road Trip/Tour
and/or join us on April 19th for the Lotus Open House at SilverStar Lotus T.O.!
We have SEVEN Elises/Exiges so far!

--Hal

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump!

This road trip is only two weeks away! :eek:
Any more participants?? --Hal

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I can't make the 19th either, it seems...50/50 for now.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
any OC or IE people going?

SUBSCRIBED ... would love to do both days, but tentative due to work depends if im needed or not

will know for sure as it gets a bit closer

-cheers!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Is this a look at me, I'm driving a Lotus type of drive? or is it a fun run in some twisty roads like Malibu?
I never been to the 33 so I wanted to know

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is this a look at me, I'm driving a Lotus type of drive? or is it a fun run in some twisty roads like Malibu?
I never been to the 33 so I wanted to know
Huh?:huh: I try to please most of us in the group, balancing good twisty roads, a destination (Ojai Olive Oil tour) that is different and fun and a good lunch that allows us to socialize. After the tour, we'll drive one of the BEST Lotus roads in California....HWY 33! Maagjr, this one will really give a big grin on your face!:D:D:D

Actually, I love "LOOOK!!!! I'M DRIVING A LOTUS!!!" drives! That's where BILLIONS of HOT BABES jump in my Lotus! The streets are lined with admiring fans waving flags screaming in excitement. I had to learn to do a half-wave as the Pope does to not wear out your arm and wrist.

Doing these Lotus events are soooo lucrative for me. The pay is super high and by the end of the year, I'll have enough cash to buy a Lotus Club Racer! That's why the fee to join us is soooo high!!!! rotfl

--Joker Hal

1 - 20 of 75 Posts