21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
978 Posts
Interested in some of the F1 products as well as the polo shirts and maybe something from the women's line for my wife.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I like the F1 stuff as well, so would be interested in a decent variety of their line. I like the style of some of it and if it is real quality, would be interested to see how the prices play out stateside.

I would LOAD my desk with CF lotus crap if i could afford it..

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The thing that's always been a sticking point with me is shipping. If I know its only a short drive to the dealer to pick some stuff up, I'd be much more tempted. If you take shipping costs away, yes it's still high, but I'd pay it, esp. for the F1 line.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I've actually bought stuff from them and the quality is definitely high-end. If you can eliminate VAT and shipping, count me in. Heck, I'll even bring by the SKU's I want!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Love the leather jacket style, although it doesn't look too supple. It doesn't look very comfortable. And at pricetag, it better be!

At $1436 you could pick up two superb Made & Crafted leather racer jackets (if you can find them).

...and these are about as excellent as I've ever seen an a leather jacket (so superb in fact that I picked up a second one before they stopped making them). And heck, if your into advertisements, it wouldn't be hard to find a tailor that can slap on some Lotus badges for you..

Anyway, I would have no issues buying Lotus originals if the price came down.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Would these items be something we could purchase online, or just at your dealership?

Probably not much market for it, but I always like woman cut polos. They have one or two that I would buy. I would also buy the woman F1 polo shirt, but their website has had it listed as sold out for like ever. Unless I want an XL or something, which I don't.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like some of the sweaters, polos and t-shirts. The leather jacket is great, but about $500 over what it should cost. This seems to be a UK thing, between the VAT and the idea that if you can afford a $900 leather jacket you should be willing to pay $1500 for it in the interest of social justice!

I hope you all do open a Lotus Originals store complete with web store. My nephews and I will surely be customers for some things!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'd like a shirt as well

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i bought their black hat w/gold logo - it's excellent. But then i realized a person driving a Lotus, wearing Lotus gear, is a bit much. So i wear it occasionally when not in the car. When I bought it, i think the total was $33 delivered from the UK. I would like a pair of factory coffee cups though. Not leather...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I purchased 500.00$ worth of Lotus clothing from the official site, and it all ran very small. That was not the problem, however when I went to return it back to Italy (size exchange only)(paid shipping both ways), they rejected the shipment. I had the proper paperwork and return material authorization from Lotus Originals.

I now have merchandise that does not fit, and I refuse to pay 3 times the shipping to return it.

Merchandise quality is higher end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As for the merchandise, I have purchased a few items at the store in London. It does run small but I am a big guy. I was pleased to find the xxl fit fine. The cost is up there but the quality is good. If you import the collection, I will certainly buy a few more pieces. By the way, here is an article on the store I featured on my website. -Ken.

Lotus Originals – History, Style and Fashion | The Garagista

·
Super Moderator
5,453 Posts
As for the merchandise, I have purchased a few items at the store in London. It does run small but I am a big guy. I was pleased to find the xxl fit fine. The cost is up there but the quality is good. If you import the collection, I will certainly buy a few more pieces. By the way, here is an article on the store I featured on my website. -Ken.

Lotus Originals – History, Style and Fashion | The Garagista

Great article! Must drop in when I next get to London!

·
Registered
331 Posts
The so-called "Lotus Originals" are a hideous, garish, and over-priced product of the Dany Bahar era and more reminiscent of what the stuffy Tufosi would strut around in than the more lean and mean Lotus crowd. I hope Lotus will resurrect the more "Lotus Original" motif of the Lotus Sport apparel lineup. :UK:

·
Registered
320 Posts
The so-called "Lotus Originals" are a hideous, garish, and over-priced product of the Dany Bahar era and more reminiscent of what the stuffy Tufosi would strut around in than the more lean and mean Lotus crowd. I hope Lotus will resurrect the more "Lotus Original" motif of the Lotus Sport apparel lineup. :UK:
+1

I liked the old Lotus Sport clothing line to the tune of 5 assorted golf shirts, a fleece jacket and a nice warm winter coat.

Never bought any of the Bahar stuff, it looks like poseur wear to be mostly worn by people who are willing to spend a small fortune to make people think they own a brand of car they havent actually got.

The Hacket stuff Aston Martin sell is ghastly as well, some of the new Lotus stuff is pattered after it.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts